Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

oil and transmission changing one extractor

arsenuts411

For those that change there oil and transmission fluid I was wondering do you have 2 separate extractors for this or do you use the same extractor. The reason that I am asking is I drained my ail last night and I was going to drain the transmission fluid tonight. I have 2 different ends for the MOELLER fluid extractor. Do you just use one for the transmission fluid and one for the oil? I just dont want to get any oil droppings out of the hose from the oil in the transmission fluid or vice versa

Edited by arsenuts411

I would assume 1 hose is the intake and the other is the out, but I've never used one of those. I use a turkey baster with a hose on the end to suck up the tranny fluid and a hand siphon pump for the oil. I'd want to clean the unit before you use it on the second job.

Well the 2 different hoses are for different size holes I assume. Ya I will have to find someway to clean the hose out. I may have to use a air hose to get the remains out of there. Unless there is something that can get the oil out like some sort of liquid cleaner?

I think you are really over-analyzing this. While there might be a couple of drops of engine oil still in the tube, when you pump it up and extract the tranny fluid it will all be sucked up. There would be very little if any chance of engine oil getting into the tranny. Even if it did, it would not worry me what so ever as it would be diluted and come out with the tranny fluid. If you are really concerned, you could suck some solvent through the tube to clean it out, then blow it dry with an air compressor.

I think you are really over-analyzing this. While there might be a couple of drops of engine oil still in the tube, when you pump it up and extract the tranny fluid it will all be sucked up. There would be very little if any chance of engine oil getting into the tranny. Even if it did, it would not worry me what so ever as it would be diluted and come out with the tranny fluid. If you are really concerned, you could suck some solvent through the tube to clean it out, then blow it dry with an air compressor.

I just want to make sure that I dont mess anything up and I am not sure really what the effects of oil with transmission fluid would be even a few drops. I understand that it would be minimum oil if it gets in there I am just checking to see what other people do. Since this is the first time I changed oil on a boat. I guess I can blow the remaining oil out with an air compressor and be fine.

Thanks