Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Getting the new towing cover to fit?

greenworks

I am having problems getting the new cover to fit and the maker isn't helping me out (not a regular cover maker on this site), it looks to be a very good cover but the problem I am having is there are " adjustable clips" on the side rears of the cover two on each side. They seem to clip under the rub rail but I can't get them to stay on in the garage let alone down a road. Anyones cover have these? If so how do you properyly adjust them?here are some pics of the tarp clips. lastly how tight are these things required to be I was thinking it would have to be spandex to fit tight enough not to move but there is more room than I thought on this cover.

post-4363-1220730367_thumb.jpgpost-4363-1220730390_thumb.jpg

post-4363-1220730405_thumb.jpgpost-4363-1220730557_thumb.jpg

Jason

Edited by greenworks

Looks like the side clips are about 6" too low. Is there velcro inside the cover, just above the cover edges? Thats where the clips go. They clip on the fiberglass edge just below the rub rail. And then you cinch up the rope around the edge from the rear, which holds the clips in place.

You need a larger strip of velcro on the inside of the cover. This will prevent the hooks from falling off and it'll pull the cover tighter since having the hooks mounted higher on the inside of the cover will tighten the lateral fit of the cover.

Edited by yabetcha

Sorry guys I should have mentioned that I removed the clips from the velcro to show you guys what they where. If I adjust them as Cory does with his Evolution covers they won't stay on they slip off, Just wondering if there is a trick to this.

Jason

Sorry guys I should have mentioned that I removed the clips from the velcro to show you guys what they where. If I adjust them as Cory does with his Evolution covers they won't stay on they slip off, Just wondering if there is a trick to this.

Jason

The hooks go on the fiberglass lip about an inch or two under the rub rail. And the drawstring around the entire edge of the cover should be cinched up tight.... which holds the hooks in place.

The attached picture is of an Evolution cover. It is folded over so you are looking at the inside of the cover. The biege on the right of the picture is a hook. The hooks need to be lined up 1-2" above the edge of the cover, so that the cover falls down over the hook, and under the rub rail all around the boat so that when the permiter rope is cinched up it is nice and tight, and the hooks are helping hold it. From your pictures, it is hard to tell how to get the hooks positioned correctly, but that is where they need to go. Maybe the strap that is there gets doubled up or???post-5194-1220766097_thumb.jpg

The clips or hooks on mine seems to molded to the rub rail (you can see the diameter in one picture), I don't think my cover would cover the clips if I put it on the fiberglass lip or is that the point to have the cinch rope on top of the hook at least it would stay tight. I will try to put them on the lip, as I have enough velcro adjustment I think. Thanks for all the help guys.