Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

first vinyl rip

I was prepping the boat to go back to storage and was in a hurry and I put a small tear in the motor box. It only a inch or so long. I know it can be fix but it still hurts. We are going to Havasu this weekend so I will take a picture to get your opinions. What is the range to have vinyl repaired?

Kelly

The biggest cost is labor, you may be able to get a whole new skin for like $100, it just depends on the panel. If you can find a GOOD vinyl repair guy they can make it almost unnoticable for like $40

First tear in my vinyl was on the engine cover as well. (Wife dropped a wakeboard on it.) Agonized over having it repaired or even replacing the entire skin as Wkerat suggested. Ended up doing neither. And even though I am generally pretty anal about the way I keep the 'bu, I hardly notice it now. Plus, it's just one of several small vinyl tears/slices throughout the boat. This is my second Malibu, so I knew what to expect as far as the durabilty of the vinyl goes. If it ever gets too bad, I'll just have the entire interior re-done.

I was gonna just let mine go too but last week while she was at WSA getting some tweaking done I mentioned the 2 cuts.

Tony had them fixed for me on the house.

Gotta love those WSA guys.

a mental lapse left me a rip in the dog house vinyl. repair guy said that even if the repair was initially invisible that the sun would make the repaired area brittle. dealer replaced all of the doghouse vinyl with oem gt industries for $225. thought that was pretty reasonable for "A Momemtary Lapse of Reason" (pink floyd, eh).