Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone ever have this happen?

Air Force 1

Holy crap! Are you okay?

I'm ok, but it definently stung! Anyone have a good board their wanting to unload? I weigh 225 so I guess I need somethiing in the 141 to 143 range. I think that's what lengths they sale. Any recommendations.

I broke our disk (four foot round 3/4" plywood) in half wile riding it. It was not a big deal but there were no bindings so I just flew off. I actually proceeded to get back up on one of the half's. Whistling.gif

post-6526-1220626088_thumb.jpg

Guess it's what you get when you buy cheap. About killed me

AF1

A board by the name of black widow.......wasn't a gift from a significant other was it?

It's not just the cheap boards. Typically tends to be the Special lighter core boards like the CWB Platinum Stuff and the Hyperlite stuff with ultra light cores. I have snapped 2 brand new Byerly boards with the flow through channels, a CWB Absolute Platinum and a Special Edition Liquid Force. The Hyperlites tend to break along the rails. The CWB I broke looked just like that.

Glad you are okay. When I broke my CWB I had just hit a kinked A-Frame rail here Rockon.gif

I did that to a cheap sporting goods board years ago. Landed on the crest of the far wake. I got lucky though as there were a few inches of fiberglass still attached on the bottom side. I let go as soon as I landed as I felt it looked downand saw the board tearing apart.

Salesman at the pro shop I bought my PS3 from said it was a stronger board than some of the other pro boards because PS kept breaking his. Could of been BS and I was planning on getting that board anyways so I bought it.

That looks painful. Prior to this week, I have never seen that before. I've now heard it twice in 2 days. Yesterday my friend told me he broke his Murray on the Ohio River.

I weigh about 205 (down from about 220) and I ride a 1-year-old Murray that replaced my '02 Project/Chad Sharpe. No problems yet with either one. I guess I don't go big enough!

I'm glad you are right back in the saddle looking for a new board.

Best of luck

Welcome to the club. Good to hear your OK.

I've broken a slalom ski, 2 wakeboards, like 4 SkySkis, an AirChair, a couple of handles...... it happens. Go out & start doin some crazy tricks. A big guy will go thru some gear.

It happens cheap board or expensive, a friend of mine has broke something like 4 Hyperlite Tributes this year, I was with him on one of them, not doing anything to insane, his raleys are huge and so are his Tantrums for that matter everything he does is huge. A lot of force on a relatively small object.

On a side note, I have a hyperlite 143 3DS and a premier 141 I am selling, their acouple years old but in good shape the Premier is a pretty thick board and should hold up through some abuse. The premier is what I excelled on after learning the basics. It's a little slow compared to other boards like the Ronix One or Liquid Force Watson, or the CWB absolute, but I liked it when I bought it. If your interested PM me I am also selling some Murray 05 open toe bindings.

It happens cheap board or expensive, a friend of mine has broke something like 4 Hyperlite Tributes this year, I was with him on one of them, not doing anything to insane, his raleys are huge and so are his Tantrums for that matter everything he does is huge. A lot of force on a relatively small object.

On a side note, I have a hyperlite 143 3DS and a premier 141 I am selling, their acouple years old but in good shape the Premier is a pretty thick board and should hold up through some abuse. The premier is what I excelled on after learning the basics. It's a little slow compared to other boards like the Ronix One or Liquid Force Watson, or the CWB absolute, but I liked it when I bought it. If your interested PM me I am also selling some Murray 05 open toe bindings.

I appreciate the offer. I went ahead and bought a 2006 hyperlite Premier 141" this afternoon from the local shop so I can get an evening session in. They cut me a good deal I think. $199.00 Anyhow, wish me luck. I'm going big or going nowhere!!!!

AF1

I appreciate the offer. I went ahead and bought a 2006 hyperlite Premier 141" this afternoon from the local shop so I can get an evening session in. They cut me a good deal I think. $199.00 Anyhow, wish me luck. I'm going big or going nowhere!!!!

AF1

Hopefully you won't be gong in two different directions at the same time again. Surprised.gif

AF1

Hopefully you won't be gong in two different directions at the same time again. Surprised.gif

Wish me luck! Rockon.gif

AF1

You will like the premier and if it seems too sticky take the fins off and just run with the molded in fins. I still like that board, it has good control and nice pop.

I haven't broken any boards yet. But i have been through 4 pairs of boots and two sets of bidings. im around 250lbs 6ft 3 and have been trying to land a back flip. I have landed two so far but have let the rope go both times. I have never boarded with anyone with experience i sure thats my problem.