Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Default cruise to on?

Does anyone know how to change the default on the cruise so it will automatically come back on after you turn the ignition off when swapping riders?

I'm not sure if there is an option for that. I've been looking for the same thing for a while now. I do have another related question...Does anyone know if there is a lower limit you can use on the cruise? I can't get mine to engage for anything lower than 11. It makes Wakesurf a little difficult. Do you think this is a problem with the unit?

Does anyone know how to change the default on the cruise so it will automatically come back on after you turn the ignition off when swapping riders?

Chappy,

The menu you want is favorites. I believe there were a couple versions of the setup in 2008. If you don't have the option you should be able to have your dealer flash the cruise to get the option:

post-1563-1220536263_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if there is an option for that. I've been looking for the same thing for a while now. I do have another related question...Does anyone know if there is a lower limit you can use on the cruise? I can't get mine to engage for anything lower than 11. It makes Wakesurf a little difficult. Do you think this is a problem with the unit?

Jimmypooh,

There is a lower limit for it to engage. I think the lower limit depends on the year of your boat. What year is yours? I thought the limit was 10 MPH (mine is a 2006). Once engaged you can bump it down, but I know if I set ours below 10, it keeps it at 10. You could try RPM mode, I think this will engage at any RPM.

I have been told you can change the cruise to stay on.

I am not sure what the lower end limit of my cruise is but I routinely surf at 9.4 or 9.6.

One of the other recent postes says I can get a flash update on the computer that will allow it to go down to 8 mph. I'll have the dealer do that when I get some warranty work done. Thanks

I have been told you can change the cruise to stay on.

I am not sure what the lower end limit of my cruise is but I routinely surf at 9.4 or 9.6.

Look at CedarLakeSkiers post, that diagram is the mapping. It is a little bit confusing though, when you find Favorite, select that with the E button and then you can sroll through which screen you want as the default. One thing about selecting Cruise as the default, is it is always defaulting back to Cruise On. Everytime you turn the key off, it defaults back to Cruise On when you turn it back on, which is what you set it at, but then you find out how many times you want the cruise off, it is about the same as the number of times you want it on when the default is set to off. Cry.gif

Edited by TheBlackPearl