Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

When filling my ballast tanks....

Malibusteve

Is this a problem? I hardly ever use the ballast gauge. I'm usually reminded to turn the ballast pumps off after several runs when a rider notices all of the overflow ports dumping water and reminds me to turn them off. It seems that the only problem with this is when you're up on plane and the pumps are unable to get water. Is there any harm in this? It would be cool if they had an auto shut off when they are full and vice versa

Is this a problem? I hardly ever use the ballast gauge. I'm usually reminded to turn the ballast pumps off after several runs when a rider notices all of the overflow ports dumping water and reminds me to turn them off. It seems that the only problem with this is when you're up on plane and the pumps are unable to get water. Is there any harm in this? It would be cool if they had an auto shut off when they are full and vice versa

You can burn one up if it runs dry a long time. I have been lucky, only burnt up one in 690 hous of wakeboarding. Hate to use the M word , but they have a sensor on all pumps that does turn them off, when the amp load drops because they are running dry.

presets work well for this. make a preset with them all full and then just hit that and the pumps will shut off automatically when they're full. you can do the same for emptying.

presets work well for this. make a preset with them all full and then just hit that and the pumps will shut off automatically when they're full. you can do the same for emptying.

I actually just found this out today. When using the presets the pumps will shut off. I have only had my boat for a couple days and had the same frustrations with the pumps left on then I used the presets and voila magic the pumps shut off automatically. I know some of the posts have said that the presets are a joke but having the pumps turn off is the biggest advantage. For boarding and surfing and home - pushing the one button is awesome and no more worrying about the pumps being left on.