Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Website

edgeski1

Had a look at the new VLX's at the dealer today, very nice. The new Malivu display is awesome and all the buttons and switches are nicely located . Drivers seat is larger and windshield is lower so when you lift the bolster you are way above the windshield. New speaker locations and grilles which are less likely to be damaged. New hull design is a little more boxy but very cool. Definetely worth a look. Thumbup.gif

W.L.

Has anyone tried a VTX on iSpec? I can't get the "select color" palette off of the screen. I'm not sure if it's the site, my Mac, or I'm doing something incorrectly??

Probably the fact that you're on a Mac (and most likely using Safari). I'm not sure that the IT department at Malibu knows that anything other than Windows/IE exists.

Has anyone tried a VTX on iSpec? I can't get the "select color" palette off of the screen. I'm not sure if it's the site, my Mac, or I'm doing something incorrectly??

Seems to work fine for me. I click on the color that I want & it loads it to the graphic, the palette disappears & the color that I selected shows up. You do have to select a color to make it go away though.

There are only 2 boats in the Response series, the Lxi and the Fxi. Does that mean the Lx is discontinued?

Not yet. It just means that while you can order one, you can't see anything in a brochure, and perhaps not ispec.

Peter

Probably the fact that you're on a Mac (and most likely using Safari). I'm not sure that the IT department at Malibu knows that anything other than Windows/IE exists.

Yep, Mac and Safari...It works fine when I move over to XP/IE.

Have faith guys. They know about the conflict with Safari and are working on it.

I use a Mac and Firefox works great for everything. Opera is also up and running on it. So, you have some options with the Mac. You definately don't need to lower yourself down to a PC environment. Biggrin.gif:lol:ROFL.gif

Edited by SmoothWaterMan
Have faith guys. They know about the conflict with Safari and are working on it.

I use a Mac and Firefox works great for everything. Opera is also up and running on it. So, you have some options with the Mac. You definately don't need to lower yourself down to a PC environment. Biggrin.gif:lol:ROFL.gif

I agree...people have recommended Firefox and I just haven't taken the time to download and try it out.

But back to the topic on hand...I've now got a beautiful yellow VTX built. Apparently it won't show it to me with a Titan tower though. Also, does anyone know if the VTX gets the same new, higher seat that y'all have talking about on the VLX?

Malibu makes some the finest boats but they absolutely have the worst website ever for a major boat manufacturer. They need to get whoever makes the Supra or Mastercraft website to help them out.

Malibu makes some the finest boats but they absolutely have the worst website ever for a major boat manufacturer. They need to get whoever makes the Supra or Mastercraft website to help them out.

Although I agree the new website is basic, a fancier website is more expensive to develop and that cost would simply be passed on to the cost of the boats.

Although I agree the new website is basic, a fancier website is more expensive to develop and that cost would simply be passed on to the cost of the boats.

It seems like a few years ago they brought all of this in house. Being in the field, I understand the benefits to that, but it generally shows in the finished product. In-house people aren't generally just building websites, they're doing other IT related things that spread their talents & energies out, as well as the cost of their salaries.

It seems like a few years ago they brought all of this in house. Being in the field, I understand the benefits to that, but it generally shows in the finished product. In-house people aren't generally just building websites, they're doing other IT related things that spread their talents & energies out, as well as the cost of their salaries.

Exsactly right! :) We do the same here at Bake's with both of our websites...