Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Big Pull

walnuthill

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• walnuthill

• WakeGirl

• rajkd1

• Chef23

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, that SS has the advantage of an 8.1L, no extra boat would be necessary. There is no replacement for displacement. :)

Were going to try 20 next year but that will need a 2 boat pull.

Meh, just prop it down. That 8.1 should have torque to burn. Rockon.gif

Not the problem, more skiers weigh more than the boat. Its like having a big hook on the bottom. He can cavitate the prop even propped down. Just not enough mass with the small boat. Cry.gif

Edited by walnuthill
We tried IIRC 13 wakeboarders only 7 got up.

You need to post the pic of the mass-gaggle of ropes that goes with that. :lol:

Medusa's lair....lol

Thats the sh!ts Yuk.gif

Take a couple of show skiers along. They can show you how to handle ropes. ROFL.gif

We did 5 - all on one ski - last year behind our RLXi. The funny thing was that two that usually ski behind an i/o got up every time. They were used to the drag out of the hole. The two that are newer skiers that were used to a DD really struggled. I used to slalom behind a 18 horse Johnson that would drag you half way around the lake before you got up, so I was used to it. Surprising how much drag just 5 skiers put on a boat.

Mike

Surprising the difference a DD makes. Grew up skiing behind a 17' tri-hull then several i/o boats. Love my DD.

If you try again one thing that will help is have the skiers spread out as far as possable, helps prevent them from crashing into one another. :)

a coupe of the girls went disking Thumbup.gif

Nice picture.

What do you make the discs out of and how big are they? I haven't seen a disc since I was a kid and have been telling my kids about them. It could be my winter project.

Nice picture.

What do you make the discs out of and how big are they? I haven't seen a disc since I was a kid and have been telling my kids about them. It could be my winter project.

7/16 or 1/2" plywood. Cut a 42" to 48" diameter circle, paint to liking. We pull the disk from 3 to 7mph with 1 rider and some what faster with two all depends on the rider.

When you get good you can also add a chair or ladder to the ride. Thumbup.gif

Nice picture.

I learned on my dad's "Devil Board." It was 3/4" plywood with beveled edges and was 4' in diameter. He made it in shop class in 1961, painted it blue, and had a "graphic artist" (read some chic in his class) paint a gnarly devil on it. Way f'in better than any tube. :salute:

RAJKD1 gets a HI 5 while disking. Crazy.gif

Hey that was a fun thing to do. You got a disc once in a while + every one wants to know what the F you are doing so they stop and stare

• 1 year later...

2009 Labor Day Party on the river. Big Pull. The Red, White, and Blue Bu was not available due to an engine fault code so the used my Sporty. Needed a 2 boat pull to get things started had 15 start and 12 made it back

Here's some pictures. Getting Ready.

post-899-1253322117_thumb.jpg

I was unable to be ther as I was just released from the hospital. Recovering from internal injuries sustained in a car accident on 8/14. My son had the Sport out and they put it to use.

In the water getting started.

post-899-1253322541_thumb.jpg

Later in the day wanted to get every one on the water at the same time. Used two boats side by side, 17 skiers I believe. 11 behind the Sporty and 6 behind the CC.

post-899-1253323270_thumb.jpg

Why doubles? How come no one single skied?

My guess would be because it's easier to get up and wwwaaaayyyy easier on the boat with 11 doubles. I don't know of a sporty that could yank 11 slalom skiers out on it's own! Shocking.gifShocking.gif

My guess would be because it's easier to get up and wwwaaaayyyy easier on the boat with 11 doubles. I don't know of a sporty that could yank 11 slalom skiers out on it's own! Shocking.gifShocking.gif

Yup, Way easier and some of the skiers are still in the learning stages.

Yup, Way easier and some of the skiers are still in the learning stages.