Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wedge bolts came out

arsenuts411

I notice while lifting the wedge up today that the screws that hold it to the 2 steel pieces that move the wedge up and down. The is a manual wedge by the way. Also one of those steel pieces are bent. Do you think that I can bend the piece back in straight and put the 2 missing screws back in? I am not sure how important it is to have that piece perfectly straight.

So i pulled the boat of the water and the 2 bolts sheared off and the strut that was attached to the wedge was bent. I took the wedge completely off and the 2 struts are still attached to the wedge frame. I tried to use an easy out and broke the easy out. I was wondering if I can buy just the 2 struts and also was wondering if this may be covered under warranty? Not sure is I should try the easy out again the bolts that sheared off seem to be in there pretty good. any advice would help.

Technically you are out of warranty, but Malibu may still cover it. The same thing happened to mine earlier this summer and I contacted Malibu and they agreed to cover it as long as the warranty was transfered to my name. They didn't have parts at the time so I had to wait 6 weeks but the wedge just came back in the mail yesterday. The new foil has 3 screws per arm (total of 6).