Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

another holiday without the bu

badbyz

Alas another recall from Malibu concerning my tower and wakeboard racks and another major holiday missed. Oh well maybe its a sign from above that being on the lake on such a crowded weekend was not a good idea?????

Alas another recall from Malibu concerning my tower and wakeboard racks and another major holiday missed. Oh well maybe its a sign from above that being on the lake on such a crowded weekend was not a good idea?????

pardon?? another recall for what??

Don't you usually handle a recall when it's convenient for you....not drop everything and do it now?

Well normally I would but the letter said not to use the boat until repairs made

It appears the wrong bushings were installed in the tower and the swivel wakeboard racks have a tendency to fall off and go to the bottom of the lake.

I wondered why my tower was so shaky and rattled so much....

It appears the wrong bushings were installed in the tower and the swivel wakeboard racks have a tendency to fall off and go to the bottom of the lake.

I wondered why my tower was so shaky and rattled so much....

Even if the correct bolts and bushings had been installed from the factory, you should always check the tower pivot bolts and the tower base mounting bolts for tightnes at least every 3rd trip out on the water. This doesn't just apply to the Illuision tower but all towers. I don't care how tight they come from the factory, they will eventually loosen up from vibration and the normal everyday use of watersports. You should be able to reach the tower base mounting bolts and get a 3/4 inch socket on them to tighten them up to stop your tower from shaking. Included in your Malibu delivery package case you should have received a hex head wrench that is used to tighten and / or remove your pivot bolts on the tower. As for the board racks, I would apply some blue loc-tite to the bolts and then re-install them. That will get you through the weekend at least. Thumbup.gif

My XS tower bolts nearly came out a like the 2nd or 3rd time on the water this year.... not a big problem if you carry tools onboard, stop tighten screws and 2 min going again. Kindof a hassle but small issue compared to massive stereo problem! I like the theory of how it SHOULD work, just wished they actually got it TO work before putting it in production models !!!!!!

thinking out side the box, all you had to do is take your racks off if it really concerned you?? Wallah, problem gone. 2 bolts on the XS tower board racks and you could have used your boat worry free... that was the only safety concern Metcraft had for the XS tower.

I read the service bulliten somewhere on the site and in the 2nd service bulletin it said if your tower rattled or had excessive play they will replace the front bushings to fix the problem, sounded like they were raising awareness that there was a fix.

I agree with Malibu Marshal, i check my tower bolts on my Titan tower all the time... along with checking oil, torquing lugs, etc... I've been boating long enough to assume that everything stays perfect on the water, no boat does...

thinking out side the box, all you had to do is take your racks off if it really concerned you?? Wallah, problem gone. 2 bolts on the XS tower board racks and you could have used your boat worry free... that was the only safety concern Metcraft had for the XS tower.

I read the service bulliten somewhere on the site and in the 2nd service bulletin it said if your tower rattled or had excessive play they will replace the front bushings to fix the problem, sounded like they were raising awareness that there was a fix.

I agree with Malibu Marshal, i check my tower bolts on my Titan tower all the time... along with checking oil, torquing lugs, etc... I've been boating long enough to assume that everything stays perfect on the water, no boat does...

I dont expect perfection but I have to tighten the starboard tower swivel bolt every ten minutes.