Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Storms! OUCH

TheKiwi

As some of you may know, we run 3 boats during summer. We only had one left in the water, as we have pulled the pontoon and the bu out the previous weekends for winterising.

Got given the use of a truck so I thought it was best we went down to Seattle to grab the rest of my girls furniture for the move. Didn't get back till 12.30am last night, so we crashed.

Woke up this morning, and went to grab some food and a neighbour informed up about a REALLY bad storm that had hit the day before. We thought it couldnt be that bad, but apparently it had ruined a few boats in the area!!

We only had our old 1995 17' Outboard on the dock....I went to survey the damage....

photo2iy0.jpg

The cleat holding the stern rope was ripped right out, so it was only secured by the bow rope, and must have been smashing up against the dock hard. Bumpers did f*** all!

Edited by DodgyKiwi
As some of you may know, we run 3 boats during summer. We only had one left in the water, as we have pulled the pontoon and the bu out the previous weekends for winterising.

Got given the use of a truck so I thought it was best we went down to Seattle to grab the rest of my girls furniture for the move. Didn't get back till 12.30am last night, so we crashed.

Woke up this morning, and went to grab some food and a neighbour informed up about a REALLY bad storm that had hit the day before. We thought it couldnt be that bad, but apparently it had ruined a few boats in the area!!

We only had our old 1995 17' Outboard on the dock....I went to survey the damage....

photo2iy0.jpg

The cleat holding the stern rope was ripped right out, so it was only secured by the bow rope, and must have been smashing up against the dock hard. Bumpers did f*** all!

Ouch Shocking.gif I suppose it could have been worse, but definitely not what you wanted to see! Sorry that happened to you.