Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HELP!!! which oil for walter vdrive??

vdrive light kicked on & oil level is low. gonna try adding oil but manual is at home.
If the existing oil in the Walter vdrive is NOT red, then it is a Straight 30 weight. (HD30) If it is red, it is the tranny and that is ATF fliud DexronIII.

In your boat it's SAE-30 straight weight oil. Also, from empty to full, it takes just under a qt. so, don't put a whole lot in there.

Just got home. Added oil and light went off np. Got to end of 5mph zone planed out and got bad vibration. Put it on the trailer and let it idle in gear while checking around the Vdrive unit and now the prop shaft is moving quite a bit. Where it enters the suffing box (or whatever the thing is called) it appeared to be moving really out of round.

However, the coupler on the side of the Vdrive unit didn't move out of round at all so it makes me think I also have a bent prop shaft now. I'll make another post about it and do some research. Anyone know what it takes to change one and if I can buy it from a dealer or something in SoCal (long beach) and get my boat on the water by tomorrow?