Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

acme 1235 prop

azwakekid

i have been thinking about getting the acme 1235 for my boat for a while now. i run extra ballast in my 2003 wakesetter and i could use a little better holeshot. but i am wondering what is the top speed im going to see when im running no ballast. for instance when i am done with my set for the day and im heading back to the dock. ill have no ballast in my boat and maybe 4 people in the boat. im sure i would be able to hit the rev limiter. so whats going to be my top speed?

I put a 1235 on my Hammerhead powered 247 and noticed a drop in top speed from about 39 MPH to 36 MPH, with the boat unloaded. I can hit the rev limiter when there are only a couple of people in the boat, ballast and gas tanks are empty.

Best single improvement I have made. The hole shot is much better, even with the ballast tanks and wedge.

no need to go over about 30 MPH anyway....the gas gauge drops faster than the speedo goes up. Cry.gif

i have been thinking about getting the acme 1235 for my boat for a while now. i run extra ballast in my 2003 wakesetter and i could use a little better holeshot. but i am wondering what is the top speed im going to see when im running no ballast. for instance when i am done with my set for the day and im heading back to the dock. ill have no ballast in my boat and maybe 4 people in the boat. im sure i would be able to hit the rev limiter. so whats going to be my top speed?

You will lose 2 to 4 mph top end at the most.

You will lose 2 to 4 mph top end at the most.

hmm...I heard that somewhere before....I am just a bit more wordy Tease2.gif

I have had the OJ 475 and 468 on my vride(320 lcr) and the only time I really like the 468(very similiar to a 1235) is when I have 2500+lbs of ballast and more than 4 peeps. I am guessing top speed to be 38ish with the 468 and I have to watch the rpm's the engine will blow past rev limiter with the 468.

I put the 1235 on my '04 VLX with the monsoon about a month ago and I love it! It is sooo nice out of the hole, it feels like you barely have to push the throttle down and the rider comes right out of the water...effortless. I can't say specifically how much top end speed you will lose because I'm not one that runs WOT ever, so I don't know what my top speed was before or after I put on the 1235. Most of my time on the water is spent pulling wakeboarders, so this prop is perfect for me, I can't say enough about it! If it is a better holeshot you're looking for, you'll be so pleased with how the 1235 performs that you won't miss the couple mph that you may lose on the top end. I've also read posts from our members that say it saves you money on gas, so that is an added bonus. Just get it, you'll love it. I didn't get in on the group buy, so I got mine at wakeside (good price and I believe free shipping). Hope this helps you make up your mind.

I have had the OJ 475 and 468 on my vride(320 lcr) and the only time I really like the 468(very similiar to a 1235) is when I have 2500+lbs of ballast and more than 4 peeps. I am guessing top speed to be 38ish with the 468 and I have to watch the rpm's the engine will blow past rev limiter with the 468.

I have had all 3 (1235, 468 475) on my 03 VLX (same as your V ride) and found out the 468 is the lostest end prop then a small jump up is the 1235 and last a perfect fit (IMO for me) 475. You will drop a few MPH like the WORDY guy said. Tease2.gif

I have had all 3 (1235, 468 475) on my 03 VLX (same as your V ride) and found out the 468 is the lostest end prop then a small jump up is the 1235 and last a perfect fit (IMO for me) 475. You will drop a few MPH like the WORDY guy said. Tease2.gif

Wordy yes....but at least I use words from the English language.... Tease2.gif right back at you Goose

How does the 1273 compare with the 1235?

Not sure, call Gary at ACME to see what he has to say. I think its just more cup IIRC and that will help with top end.

Note to self. Add new word (lostest) to the Goose-Dude dictionary. Thanks Ken Thumbup.gif

Sorry for the thread hijak

Anyone else have trailer/prop guard clearance issues with the ACME 1235. Got mine on last week and it wasn't nothing the old enforcer, i.e. really big sledge hammer, couldn't fix, but it would have been nice with at least a warning while buying the prop.

Sorry for the thread hijak

Anyone else have trailer/prop guard clearance issues with the ACME 1235. Got mine on last week and it wasn't nothing the old enforcer, i.e. really big sledge hammer, couldn't fix, but it would have been nice with at least a warning while buying the prop.

Its hit or miss depending on the trailer. I have seen tons that has no problems but then I have seen a few that hit.

05 Vlx with monsoon with the acme 537 ran 45.5mph on GPS with 1235 runs 41.5-42mph on GPS. As for the trailer we have plenty of clearance as does everyone around here with the 1235 on the 21.5vlx and bigger boats on Boatmate trailers. Have not seen one on a vride or equivalent boat.