Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which plug do you pull?

chathamsolutions

Which plug do you pull at the end of the day?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Which plug do you pull at the end of the day?

• 1. I always pull the transom plug.
    • 2. I always pull the transom plug - becuase it's the only one I have.
    • 3. I always pull the engine plug.
    • 4. I always pull the mid ship plug.
    • 5. I pull multiple plugs.
    • 6. I never pull a plug, I let the bilge pump take care of that.
    • 7. I NEVER pull a plug - mine always sits in the water.

I use my boat most every weekend and it stays in the water all weekend and I haven't pulled my plug all summer and there's not water in my bilge. At least there wasn't the last time I lifted the motor cover 3 months ago. Biggrin.gif

Why pull a plug when you can just knock a tracking fin off. Whistling.gif

Crazy.gif

Edited by srintx
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chathamsolutions

• WakeGirl

• Brad B

• srud

I see this thread is about three years old so I am sure that this question has not been asked. After you VTX owners pull all your plugs do you still end up with quite a bit of water that will not run out of the drain holes? I removed all 3 drain plugs and drove 9 hours through the mountains and still have quite a bit of water in the front ballast area. I ended using a shop vac and sucked out about 7-8 gallons of water. Do any of you other vtx owners find the same thing?

I never have any water in my bilge. The skiers drip on the platform and dont bring in any water. I dont have any leaks so I just don't have any water to remove. I cant remember removing the plug since we got past freeze season and I needed to drain.

You obviouslydon't have kids. They drip/splash water everwhere but the lake.

i have a 2002 VLX and ALWAYS have a significant amount of wather in the mid-boat bilge area that doesn't drain well. I pull the plug in that location which lets most of it drain, but the rest is trapped. the water can't run from this area to the aft of the boat. there is a through-hole in this area that seems like it ought to let water drain to the back, but the hole is blocked by the fuel tank. I assumed that how the tank gets installed boat-to-boat must vary a bit and i got lucky enough to buy one that was to far forward blocking the drain hole.

I never used to pull the transom plug until this season. California requires you do so (zebra mussels), so we have to every time we boat in Cali. I have an 06 Xti with the power wedge and unless you slightly lower the wedge, you can't get to the transom plug, so now there is one more thing I have to remember when trailering the boat.

I never used to pull the transom plug until this season. California requires you do so (zebra mussels), so we have to every time we boat in Cali. I have an 06 Xti with the power wedge and unless you slightly lower the wedge, you can't get to the transom plug, so now there is one more thing I have to remember when trailering the boat.

It's not universially true, I don't need to move the wedge to get to it. In case of the VLX the center plug is useless with only a small amount of water due to lip for some of the key threads.

• 2 months later...

Same boat, but wakesetter so I don't think there is much of a difference, never have to mess with the wedge to pull the plug Whistling.gif

Edited by 68Slalom
  • 2 months later...
I see this thread is about three years old so I am sure that this question has not been asked. After you VTX owners pull all your plugs do you still end up with quite a bit of water that will not run out of the drain holes? I removed all 3 drain plugs and drove 9 hours through the mountains and still have quite a bit of water in the front ballast area. I ended using a shop vac and sucked out about 7-8 gallons of water. Do any of you other vtx owners find the same thing?

also have to vac the water out I just throw some simple green in the bilge drive home vac out clean as a whistle

• 3 months later...

also have to vac the water out I just throw some simple green in the bilge drive home vac out clean as a whistle

stupid question but are you pulling the drain plug in your balast are. its basicly a ski storage that is now for balasts. that or you have something cloged in the it the drains.

• 11 years later...

I have a 2019 23 LSV, I remove the center plug (under my feet) and crank the trailer up.  Boat always drains a couple gallons of water.  Occasionally, when washing the boat or once in awhile, I pull the transom plug, but I rarely get any water out.  I always have water dripping out of the surf pipe exhaust as well.  Not sure if that's coming out of a bilge or the engine cooling system.  

I do have a question, where is the engine compartment plug on the 19 23 LSV?  Is it in the engine compartment (under the sun pad) or is it in the little access area with the front of the VDrive under the wake view seat?  I have had a cursory look for the plug and can't seem to find one.  Anyone have pics?  

2 hours ago, cmargosi said:

I have a 2019 23 LSV, I remove the center plug (under my feet) and crank the trailer up.  Boat always drains a couple gallons of water.  Occasionally, when washing the boat or once in awhile, I pull the transom plug, but I rarely get any water out.  I always have water dripping out of the surf pipe exhaust as well.  Not sure if that's coming out of a bilge or the engine cooling system.  

I do have a question, where is the engine compartment plug on the 19 23 LSV?  Is it in the engine compartment (under the sun pad) or is it in the little access area with the front of the VDrive under the wake view seat?  I have had a cursory look for the plug and can't seem to find one.  Anyone have pics?  

I had a drain plug  next to the v-drive in my 07 but I don't have one on my 2017.  Tell you the truth, that drain plug is useless, along with the one on the transom. Both of these LSV's low points is at the center drain next to the driver, no water would ever make it back to the engine area.  I used to always pull the center drain on my 07, but the 17 I haven't yet.  Since there is now a bilge pump right there, I really don't see a need too.  With the drip-less shaft packing on the 17, the only water is really only from wet people which doesn't amount to much.