Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which plug do you pull?

chathamsolutions

Which plug do you pull at the end of the day?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Which plug do you pull at the end of the day?

• 1. I always pull the transom plug.
    • 2. I always pull the transom plug - becuase it's the only one I have.
    • 3. I always pull the engine plug.
    • 4. I always pull the mid ship plug.
    • 5. I pull multiple plugs.
    • 6. I never pull a plug, I let the bilge pump take care of that.
    • 7. I NEVER pull a plug - mine always sits in the water.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chathamsolutions

• WakeGirl

• Brad B

• SacRiverRat

I pulled the transom once, nothing came out so I never have again! I pull the plug with the T-Handle on it everytime I leave the water. By the time I get the BU home everything in the Bilge is Bone Dry!

sometimes i will pull the plug in the back just because i live on a hilly street and it helps flow the water out. i don't know if this is any help to you but most of the time (on flat land) all you need to pull is the engine box plug Yes.gifYes.gifYes.gifYes.gifBlowup.gif

I always pull the midship plug. Its the only place the water really is, so I just pull it. But make sure if you have that one out, to stow your cover for it, the wind moving by the hole when towing will preasurise the area and pop the cover off, in my case, onto some ladies car. When I get home i check if all the water is out, dry up whats left, and put the plug back in, so bugs dont get in.

I always pull the midship plug. Its the only place the water really is, so I just pull it. But make sure if you have that one out, to stow your cover for it, the wind moving by the hole when towing will preasurise the area and pop the cover off, in my case, onto some ladies car. When I get home i check if all the water is out, dry up whats left, and put the plug back in, so bugs dont get in.

Yep, except mine didn't land on anyones car. In fact, I don't know where it landed. Just got the replacement this weekend. I think that I am going to attach a tether to it so it doesn't happen again. I am a bit surprised that Malibu has not addressed this, because I am certain we aren't the only people this has happened to.

Sorry for the hijack.... done now.

I was just going to type that I've never had a problem with mine coming off - but I have the carpet saver that lays on top of it.

Maybe get one of those :)

cover coming off due to the plug being out?  Never heard of that...Just how fast do you drive srud and hyperlitenerd ?  Tease2.gif

Nothing much over 85, why? Shocking.gif

J/K I was doing 65 to 70 when I lost mine. Now I drive with the wind block in place or a Rankin cover on the boat.

• 1 year later...

I usually pull the engine and transom plug. I only pull the ski locker plug if it's full of water. Unfortunately we got a lot of rain Friday and the bilge pump died (debris broke the impeller). So I pulled all 3 plugs Friday evening to let it drain overnight.

I also learned that water comes in through those plugs at a high flow rate if you fail to put them back in. Shocking.gif I had water up above the t-handle in the engine compartment before we got it back on the trailer. It took a long time for the water to drain back out. On the plus side, the bilge is pretty clean now...

cover coming off due to the plug being out?  Never heard of that...Just how fast do you drive srud and hyperlitenerd ?  Tease2.gif

Nothing much over 85, why? Shocking.gif

J/K I was doing 65 to 70 when I lost mine. Now I drive with the wind block in place or a Rankin cover on the boat.

since this thread was bumped up. it was going over a pass, going 60 is my guess, but high winds preasurised the bildge and off it went.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just a side note skidim now sells a T-handle for the skilocker. I usually pull both.

I put the t-handle plug in the bilge instead of the ski locker. I just gets in the way in the ski locker.

The only way I could get all of the water out of my LSV's bilge was to put a floor jack under the trailer jack wheel, raise the front of the trailer all the way up until the prop guard hit the ground and pull the transom plug. When I was trailering, I'd do this 2 maybe three times a year. Otherwise, I never pulled a plug.

Now that it sits on a lift in a slip full time, I'm not sure what I'll have to do. The one and only time I've EVER seen my bilge pump come on was when I left it sitting in the water for a week while on vacation at Beaver Lake. I haven't peeked under there in a while to see how much water is building up...

• 1 month later...

I use my boat most every weekend and it stays in the water all weekend and I haven't pulled my plug all summer and there's not water in my bilge. At least there wasn't the last time I lifted the motor cover 3 months ago. Biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
I use my boat most every weekend and it stays in the water all weekend and I haven't pulled my plug all summer and there's not water in my bilge. At least there wasn't the last time I lifted the motor cover 3 months ago. Biggrin.gif

Why pull a plug when you can just knock a tracking fin off. Whistling.gif

• 1 month later...

I would pull at least one plug (probably the easiest). to prevent the muck a duck stuff from growing on the bottom. One lesson that i learned was to disconnect the auto bilge prior to adding the bilge cleaner. I did this and it all poured out........... Note to self. Pull the fuse.

I always have to pull my plug. By the end of the day I will have at least 1-3" of water in my boat. Is this normal?

Water in your bilge is normal.

If it were consistently 3" then I'd talk to my dealer. 1" is nothing. I would think 3" and your bilge would be kicking in whenever you took off.

I had that same problem. We were always getting a good amount of water in the bilge and i pump was kicking on every 20 minutes or so. It turns out the bolts that hold swim plat form in were loose and thats where the water was coming in.

• 1 year later...