Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX PROPRIDE REPORT

Willy

I can not believe it. I ran a 475 last year on my cd hull and really liked it vs stock so I went with the same prop this year on my wake hull. Well.... I had my boat in for the 50hr and the dealer had a 1235 take off and put it on for me to try... The 1235 is the way to go unless you are going to race somebody!!! It is smoother, more controlable and works way better for surfing. The only downside is wide open in flat water with a few people, it hits the rev limiter. However if you have 5 or more poeple with any kind of chop it doesn't hit the limiter.

4 Sale 475!!

I can not believe it. I ran a 475 last year on my cd hull and really liked it vs stock so I went with the same prop this year on my wake hull. Well.... I had my boat in for the 50hr and the dealer had a 1235 take off and put it on for me to try... The 1235 is the way to go unless you are going to race somebody!!! It is smoother, more controlable and works way better for surfing. The only downside is wide open in flat water with a few people, it hits the rev limiter. However if you have 5 or more poeple with any kind of chop it doesn't hit the limiter.

4 Sale 475!!

I put an OJ 475 on before vacation, partly because the lake was at about 2400 elevation and partly to see how it would work compared to the 537. It definitely causes more vibration it the drivetrain at various points during acceleration and deceleration than the Acme 537. Hmmm. I'll have to see if I can dig up a 1235 around here to try.

Edited by TheBlackPearl
Checkout the OJ 468 it's a killer prop well mated to the monsoon. The 1235 will give you more low end pull than the 475, but you might hit the rev limiter while the 468 is in between the 475 and the 1235.

Thanks. I am going to pull it, maybe Eric will let me swap. I think it is still in pristine shape.