Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need New Manifolds for Monsoon 340, Want Recommendations

I have an 04 Malibu VLX with a monsoon 340 and EXT manifolds. I run the boat mainly at firebird lake in AZ (very salty and mineral rich) and sometimes in fresh water. I'm starting to see the paint bubling up on the plugs that are welded in the casting plugs for the manifold. Can anyone suggest a good set of manifolds for my motor? One guy at firebird was suggesting These (check the link)... Has anyone heard of them? Also does anyone know the best place to look for a decent set of manifolds on the cheap? How do I know if they would fit?

Thanks

http://www.hitekmarine.com.au/faqs.htm

I’ve never seen the SS manifolds in your link before but I had looked into Gil Marine manifolds for my last boat which was always in salt water. I could replace standard manifolds almost 5 times for the cost of a pair of Gil manifolds. Unless you keep the boat forever, I would think stainless steel manifolds have a poor ROI.

I have an 04 Malibu VLX with a monsoon 340 and EXT manifolds. I run the boat mainly at firebird lake in AZ (very salty and mineral rich) and sometimes in fresh water. I'm starting to see the paint bubling up on the plugs that are welded in the casting plugs for the manifold. Can anyone suggest a good set of manifolds for my motor? One guy at firebird was suggesting These (check the link)... Has anyone heard of them? Also does anyone know the best place to look for a decent set of manifolds on the cheap? How do I know if they would fit?

Thanks

You can get a set of standard Indmar cast iron manifolds and risers... like they used on the Monsoons before the ETX manifolds.They willhold up pretty well in salt and are relatively inexpensive. Any Malibu dealer can get them for you.

Thanks

<a href="http://www.hitekmarine.com.au/faqs.htm" target="_blank">http://www.hitekmarine.com.au/faqs.htm</a>

You can get a set of standard Indmar cast iron manifolds and risers... like they used on the Monsoons before the ETX manifolds.They willhold up pretty well in salt and are relatively inexpensive. Any Malibu dealer can get them for you.

Plus1.gif

The coin you add for SS you may as well replace with cast iron and retro fresh water cooling also.

Does anyone have a part number avalible or know what indmar calls them?

Any idea how much the indmar cast iron ones cost? Just looking for a ball park of how much I should expect to pay.

new Indmar risers and manifolds (and bolts and gaskets) from SKIDIM ran about $700 IIRC.

someone commented about fresh water cooling, but you still have to take care of the manifolds and risers seperately. FWC is not a fully closed system for that model year boat, so you still are running raw water through those.

new Indmar risers and manifolds (and bolts and gaskets) from SKIDIM ran about $700 IIRC.

someone commented about fresh water cooling, but you still have to take care of the manifolds and risers seperately. FWC is not a fully closed system for that model year boat, so you still are running raw water through those.

How long has each set lasted you? I would guess this is the second set?

Thanks

We have an 07 VLX and a Bayliner 2855. We run solely on the ocean in the pacific northwest. The Bayliner has had the hitek SS manifolds on it for 4 years and they still look brand new. The VLX on the other hand I am very concerned about. We got the boat at the end of last summer (dealer demo w/70hrs) We used the boat for a total of 12hrs. This past spring we had the boat all prepared by the dealer for the season. When the dealer looked at the manifolds they were totally corroded. He said they must have been leaking even before we got the boat.

So new etx manifolds under warranty and have used they boat all summer no problems (we did have zincs attached inside the risers). I am worried about what will happen next spring if those manifolds will have totally corroded out over the winter. We have fresh water cooling but not fully closed as the dealer said they have been having problems with the cats boiling the antifreeze in the fully closed systems so they will only do half loop systems.

I asked about running stainless steel risers like on our bayliner. Dealer said he didnt think the computer would allow the engine to run properly without the cats. This make sense to anyone else? Can I run a Monsoon 340 with different exhaust manifolds that dont have the cats?

How long has each set lasted you? I would guess this is the second set?

yes, my second set, so i got 8 seasons out of the first (2000 - 2007), although i did have to replace one of the risers 1 season earlier, because of a hole. so do be safe, i did them all this year.