Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater doesn't work

Colorado Boat'n

The heater isn't working in my new to me '07 23 LSV (ONLY 40 hrs though!!!). The blower comes on fien (hi or low), but only cold air and yes this is after the engine is up to temp and running. I'm guessing that their might be a valve shut or disconnected so it's not getting the hot water from the engine, but have no idea where to look (have had the boat exactly 1 wk now). If it helps or matters, the shower is working fine.

Anybody have a suggestion on where to look? My dealer is 2.5 hrs away and diesel is pretty expensive if I just need a valved opened up!

Thanks

Been discussed numerous times on here, most recently in this thread.

Check the Low RPM Y-Pipe where the heater return line connects. $5 says it is installed in the hose between your raw water pump and the trans oil cooler, and the 'Y' points toward the trans oil cooler. Flip it end-for-end and you get heat. For even better heat, move the fitting to the intake side of the raw water pump instead. A bit more work no doubt, but well worth it, IMHO.

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier
Great, will check tonight and see what I can figure out.

Thanks for the link to the other thread too.

Mine had weeds in the intake screen side of the trans. cooler.