Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

water ski / wakeboard school

Lake.OD

My wife and I just updated to an LSV 05 and the difference it has made in our ski / wakeboard sets is truly amazing. We are doing the best we can this summer but we wanted to try a ski (for me) and wakeboard (her, maybe me too...) school for next spring to really take it all to the next level.

I have been doing some online searches and we wanted to go to the southern Florida (Key West prefered, but I would take Miami) area for a combo school /vacation experience. I have looked around and the only one that I can find is the McGinnis school in Fort Lauderdale... Anybody ever used them or heard of them?? Any suggestions on a better school in the desired area???

Any feed back is greatly appriciated! Biggrin.gif

ps I am always open to other suggestions...

The schools that I have heard of are all day and you stay at a house on the lake. Were do you live and are you willing to travel? There are a few great school around the U.S. but it's not like you board in the am and hit the malls in the after noon.

I had a friend go to Shawn Murrys camp in Orlando and she loved it. The one thing is the camps only push you as hard as you want.

I have heard the same feedback from the Miami Wakeboard camp. The instruction consists of "dude go big" and that's about it.

My buddies were expecting instruction but just got pulled around the lake. Don't get me wrong though because it was the middle of winter and back in the midwest we were looking at snow during that time so they were wakeboarding in January/Feb.

My suggestion is to figure out what you are really looking to get out of it and start interviewing schools.

From what I am reading, not too many here have either done a ski school or there are no good ski schools in the Miami / Key West area....

I am looking for about three days of school then two days of sitting on my back side and relax type of vacation. My friends did Gordons camp in Mexico and loved it... Any other feed back...?

BTW I am looking to get better... I just don't have seven days to get out of my office. I need a combined type of event. I am looking to start a skiing the course and my wife is wanting to learn some basic tricks on the wake board.

South Florida is the destination because I have a friend with a house on Sunset Point in Key West. However, I would be open to any where fun and warm in March or April so I could get rid of the winter blues and get a big jump on next season.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Lake.OD