Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response w/Illusion height?

Scootertrash

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question here.... We are having a garage built for the boat at our cabin, it is 6+hours away and after talking to the builder last night I realized I don't know the height the garage door needs to be!

I did some searching and turned up nothing. Can anybody tell me how tall a 2007 Response LXI with the illusion tower is with the tower lowered?

:blush:

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question here.... We are having a garage built for the boat at our cabin, it is 6+hours away and after talking to the builder last night I realized I don't know the height the garage door needs to be!

I did some searching and turned up nothing. Can anybody tell me how tall a 2007 Response LXI with the illusion tower is with the tower lowered?

I clear a 8' Door with a 07 VLX and the Illusion tower. The racks clear with about 2 inchs to spare. Clap.gif

Hi Guys,

Can't offer much help in the way of height but if it were me i'd put the tallest door possible for your opening, you never know what the future brings. From my experiences the minimum you want to go with no rubbing would be 8 foot, my VLX with the illusion & extreme trailer rubs slightly on a 7 foot door....a lesson learnt the hard way.

Hi Guys,

If you can, do a 12' door. U will never have to fold the tower down and depending on your garage, shouldnt cost too much more.