Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gauges reading in Metric

Friend of mine has an 03 VLX and the gauges all dispaly in metric. They got their owners manual out to change it back over only to discover it was a moldy mess. Can anyone help with how to change back to english or give me a link if it has been done before.

Thanks,

John

Boat does have PP and a Monsoon if that matters.

don't you mean change to American? the English use the metric system :P

Amercan would work just need the readout to not be meter and celcius.

Are you talking about the LCD in the speedo, or the PP display? I just checked my '03 manual for the LCD operation in the speedo - doesn't say anything about a setting for changing between english and metric units. In fact, it makes specific comments under the Lake Temp and Air Temp sections to the effect that the parameter "is measured in degrees Fahrenheit only", and "no adjustment function is available for this feature." Seems a bit odd - maybe there is a hidden configuration mode that the dealers know of?

If the question is regarding PP, the following statement is in the PP manual:

"The system starts life in MPH. If you wish to run in KPH, turn key off, then press and hold the Menu and Down keys together as you turn boat on and power system. After a few seconds [Read in MPH ^ = Y] will appear. Press Up for MPH, Down for KPH. It will then ask [Wakeboard only ^ = Y] for wakeboard modes, press the Up key."

Are you talking about the LCD in the speedo, or the PP display? I just checked my '03 manual for the LCD operation in the speedo - doesn't say anything about a setting for changing between english and metric units. In fact, it makes specific comments under the Lake Temp and Air Temp sections to the effect that the parameter "is measured in degrees Fahrenheit only", and "no adjustment function is available for this feature." Seems a bit odd - maybe there is a hidden configuration mode that the dealers know of?

If the question is regarding PP, the following statement is in the PP manual:

"The system starts life in MPH. If you wish to run in KPH, turn key off, then press and hold the Menu and Down keys together as you turn boat on and power system. After a few seconds [Read in MPH ^ = Y] will appear. Press Up for MPH, Down for KPH. It will then ask [Wakeboard only ^ = Y] for wakeboard modes, press the Up key."

Yes the temp and depth are in metric. I know they had a new computer put in, could the computer be part of the problem?

A couple of possibilities: 1. Malibu caries unique modules for US and Canada, and your buddy got the wrong one, or 2. The modules are the same for US and Canada, but there is a configuration mechanism of some kind that is not set right. Could be a software configuration bit, a mechanical dip switch on the circuit board, or even a pin in the connector that needs to be tied to either ground or 12V through the wiring harness. Definitely worth a call the dealer.