Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Type of Impeller for a 2008 Monsoon 340 VLS

Can you tell my Type of Impeller needed for a 2008 Monsoon 340 VLS?

And Best place to purchase.

Do many people use an impeller puller? On my dd I didn't but I am thinking with the cramped quarters on the vdrive an impeller puller would be nice.....do you know the cheapest place to pick one up?

THANKS

Do many people use an impeller puller? On my dd I didn't but I am thinking with the cramped quarters on the vdrive an impeller puller would be nice.....do you know the cheapest place to pick one up?

THANKS

Johnson 09-812B is your impeller number,

you don't need a impeller but in my opinion you do not want to pry it out. the pump is made out of brass so i can only imagine if you start prying on the housing what it could do.

i buy all my stuff thru Bake's, local shop that has always taken care of me... free freight if you purchase over $50... impeller is priced the same at both shops...

Bakes http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=276

Skidim http://skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RP061018

THANKS

Yep, Johnson 812 (#09-812B). Overton's carries them, and they come with the

gasket and a little tube of lubricant. Skidim.com is another great source, and they are

about $5 cheaper.

I bought the Sea Dog small stainless steel impeller puller (It can be had at go2marine.com

for about $41. They also carry the Johnson impeller.). It makes pulling the impeller

pretty effortless, and I don't have to worry about warping the housing by leveraging

a screw driver or paint can opener against the edge. Definitely worth the one-time

purchase price, IMHO.

I don't have to worry about warping the housing by leveraging

a screw driver or paint can opener against the edge.

The beauty of using paint can openers is that you don't have to leverage against the housing. You simply pull one, then the other, or both at once. If you lube the impeller/housing and bump the motor prior, it comes out pretty easily.