Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

vtx or vlx

wakedude101

we are looking at a 09 vtx or a 09 vlx. our family is 90% wakeboarders 10% skiiers. wat wake is better for wakeboarding? is there a big difference? and wat our your thoughts on the cut dimond hull is the same wake size for wakeboading?

I have an '06 VLX and have demoed an '08 VTX with cut diamond hull. No question, the VLX has a bigger and in my opinion better wakeboarding wake. I have not been behind an '09 VLX, but the reviews by others have been very positive concerning the wake. The VTX will have a much better ski wake. I don't bother skiing behind my boat anymore because I don't find it that enjoyable getting launched while cutting across the wake on a slalom ski. The VTX with cut diamond hull has a very skiable wake on the other hand.

If you are doing 90% wakeboarding then I would go with the VLX and find some friends with a DD ski boat and go out with them when you need to scratch that ski itch.

I would demo the VLX with the diamond hull if it's available. We have a VTX with the diamond hull. It has a good ski wake and a good wake board wake also, but we ski and wake board 50-50.

now me being a skier might not have the best of opinions, but what I would do would be either get a vlx with diamond hull, or a vtx with wake hull. I ski behind a non diamond direct drive and it skies very well. again it is a direct drive. However I have heard that the non diamond vtx wake is good for skiing due to the width to size ratio. you want to DEMO both boats before you make a decision for sure. If you have that luxury that is. I think the vtx in general is the best all around boat and the vlx with a diamond hull is the very very close runner up.

I would demo the VLX with the diamond hull if it's available. We have a VTX with the diamond hull. It has a good ski wake and a good wake board wake also, but we ski and wake board 50-50.

Don't bother, I skied behind one a couple of weeks ago and my XTi puts out twice a better ski wake fully loaded.

Don't bother, I skied behind one a couple of weeks ago and my XTi puts out twice a better ski wake fully loaded.

Won't the '09 VLX come with the new cut-diamond hull as an option? Should be better than

the '08 and older 21s if skiing is on the menu; but, since the OP is 90% wakeboarding, I

would think that he'd be happier with a wake hull.

My 2007 VLX has the diamond hull and I ski behind it no problem. The wake can be intimidating because it's definitely not like a VTX, ask 68 slalom he did ski behind it a couple weeks ago and said it he could do some intermediate wakeboarding behind it. We still ripped it up, right Tony

we are looking at a 09 vtx or a 09 vlx. our family is 90% wakeboarders 10% skiiers. wat wake is better for wakeboarding? is there a big difference? and wat our your thoughts on the cut dimond hull is the same wake size for wakeboading?

Im in the same decision time, except Im deciding which is better 09 VLX or 23 LSV, both with the diamond hull. We are 50/50 on wakeboarding and water skiing

I have an 08 23XTI and we wakeboard:ski 90:10 but I am the 10 percent so the XTI

was the way to go. The wakeboarders either live with the ballasts or they bring an extra

ballast bag.

Personally I feel you can adjust the wake for boarding easier than adjusting the way you

slalom

Won't the '09 VLX come with the new cut-diamond hull as an option? Should be better than

the '08 and older 21s if skiing is on the menu; but, since the OP is 90% wakeboarding, I

would think that he'd be happier with a wake hull.

Yes, it will be the same cut diamond hull option that the VTX has. And yes, I agree that he'd probably be happier with the wake hull. That new VLX is simply awesome.