Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Regular or Goofy

txwakejunkie

regular or goofy  

206 members have voted

1. 1. regular or goofy

• regular
    • goofy
    • both
    • how ever the boat is set up

• 7 months later...

I'm most confident boarding goofy, however after watching "The Book" DVD, I'm following their advice and learning to ride both ways and practice tricks from either side.

My son and I ride regular but my wife rides goofy. Since we've started surfing and we are all pretty new at it and the BU puts out a better goofy wake we've all started riding goofy. Yesterday was my first time to go ropeless on the dark side and while Im not near as good on that side its alot easier if we all ride the same side. Sure beats setting up both sides all the time.

• 1 month later...

I do every time we roll that way and it just mystifies me - mechanically I know exactly what to do but its like trying to write left handed.

Ski/surf regular

but your wakeboarding is pretty goofy.

Dude, have you been around when I was? Dontknow.gif Granted I slalom on the darn thing and it's too slow.... ;)

Goofy side is ghey - I'm just sayin

'nuff said... Whistling.gif

Ski/surf regular

Dude, have you been around when I was? Dontknow.gif Granted I slalom on the darn thing and it's too slow.... ;)

Ah, yeah.

Ski/surf regular

Dude, have you been around when I was? Dontknow.gifGranted I slalom on the darn thing and it's too slow.... ;)

Actually when you catch good edge you wouldn't believe how much speed you can get, you just have to know how to hit the wake going that fast.

I skied last sat. for the first time this year, (perfect water conditions and just the right amount of people in the boat) and man was that fun :)

Forgot how fast it feels....

Edited by 68Slalom

As "Ghey" as it may be it is still the dominant side!!! so really the reg side is the dark side!! Tongue.gif

Biggrin.gif

Edited by txwakejunkie

I am wierd....or "unique" I guess you can say. I am right handed, ride goofy, kick a ball with my left foot and kick a skateboard (well....used to) with my right foot

Ski/surf regular

Actually when you catch good edge you wouldn't believe how much speed you can get, you just have to know how to hit the wake going that fast.

I skied last sat. for the first time this year, (perfect water conditions and just the right amount of people in the boat) and man was that fun :)

Welcome back.... Clap.gif

Ski/surf regular

Dude, have you been around when I was? Dontknow.gifGranted I slalom on the darn thing and it's too slow.... ;)

Welcome back.... Clap.gif

I need to get out with you guys before the summer is over!

Thanks, and from being away from skiing this long I can honestly say that skiing is much more fun than wake boarding. Maybe I'm bias because it seems like the wrecks don't hurt as bad when you wreck skiing Whistling.gif maybe because I've never face planted when skiing :)

Ski/surf regular

The skinny stick rules Rockon.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've learned to do both, because I love to surf. My daughter is goofy (surfs that way too), and so if everyone is doing goofy, I just join in. It is hard at first (and I'm still not as good goofy as regular), but it is pretty fun starting over as a newbie!

Have fun and try surfing switch (regular on goofy side, or goofy on the regular side). That is seriously difficult and makes for some additional fun.