Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Regular or Goofy

txwakejunkie

regular or goofy  

206 members have voted

1. 1. regular or goofy

• regular
    • goofy
    • both
    • how ever the boat is set up

Just want to see how the split is. I hear alot of people say that regular is the "normal" side and most of the people i know ride goofy. Dontknow.gif

Edited by txwakejunkie

I try not to ride goofy cause it looks funny :) , but I ride left foot forward and have been riding switch as much as possible. I'm going to work on W2W riding switch this weekend and if I land it consistent I'll try a 180 W2W riding switch to regular.

Doesn't matter how you ride, "JUST RIDE" Thumbup.gif This is my second year and I'm having lots of fun with it Yahoo.gif

Mum and son ride "normal" , daughter and myself ride goofy -- lots of fun, but means swithing tanks and hauling the sacs across the bow... ouch. The "goofies" have tried blind riding on the "wrong" side but with limited success. I think the key is to have a small football team of friends that can switch ballast at a whim... :)

Great sport - keep riding.. our motto is "November is coming...." :)

We teach the Goofy riders to ride on the correct side... :lol:

4 of us ride regular and my daughter who rides goofy just rides backside .The CFO was goofy but ended up regular. Biggrin.gif:lol:

Most all of my crew rides goofy, sept one.

Think most would be 'regular' since that typically means you're right footed. I'm right footed and goofy though, so who knows?

All but one in our normal crew rides regular. It's kinda a pain to have to move everything from one v-drive hatch to the other, but then we just think about how much it used to suck with a DD and we don't mind it so much :)

I've heard that something like 80% to 90% of the world's surf breaks favor goofy footers.... Thumbup.gif

I'm goofy and I have no problems getting plenty of goofy footers on board with us, and I don't mind riding HS on the regular side.....

I ride regular heelside on the goofy side so should I vote goofy on the poll? My crew is a little weird, we have 1 goofy, 3 reg(all ride heelside), 1 switch(rides wakeboard regular surfs goofy). We ride on the goofy side(assuming that is driver side). We all learned that side due to the setup we had on my old DD supra.

where's the vote for either/it doesn't matter. I ride goofy if I can, but most of my crew rides regular. I now ride both equally well and equally comfortable. Not everyone only uses one foot forward. Do you wakeboard the same way? I'm nearly as good switch as I am regular.

where's the vote for either/it doesn't matter. I ride goofy if I can, but most of my crew rides regular. I now ride both equally well and equally comfortable. Not everyone only uses one foot forward. Do you wakeboard the same way? I'm nearly as good switch as I am regular.

Good point. I ride both when wakeboarding but have not put alot of time in on the reg side while surfing. I edited the poll.

I ski goofy and ride, surf and skate regular. Switch come pretty easy though.

Used to be left handed but after shoulder blow out and 10 months in a sling I had to retrain to righty. Maybe thats why.

• 2 weeks later...

I rode regular on the goofy wake side last weekend, but now I have to try riding goofy once we are set up. We will have to change over to regular most of the time because "now" most of our crew that tried surfing rides regular, so maybe I'll learn to ride both sides and see how I like each one :)

Edit: 9/22/08 Surfed on regular side yesterday and had much more fun, actually went rope less for about 30 secs for my first time. Lots of fun!!!

Edited by 68Slalom
  • 4 weeks later...