Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MasterBU

CrazyTegger

because mastercraft invented the pickle fork and malibu invented the swoop forward tower/flybridge?

bingo. I think that M/C shoulda pattented the hull and malibu patent the tower. granted, it's not the same tower, but it's still very similar

because mastercraft invented the pickle fork and malibu invented the swoop forward tower/flybridge?

bingo. I think that M/C shoulda pattented the hull and malibu patent the tower. granted, it's not the same tower, but it's still very similar

They did and they did.

It's not hard to make it different though and get around the patent. I'm sure all of Malibu's hulls are patented... As are Titans towers, Wetsounds Speakers, Polk Speakers.... etc....

But that doesn't keep the other companies from building similar products.

Edited by GoldschlagerVT

Im not a fan of Tige but you guys calling them copycats is funny to me. Using these designs is the smartest thing tige could have done! Lots of people love mastercrap for there pickle lookalike and lots of people love malibu for the tower. Why not take these two and put them together at a cheaper price? They might sell a boat or two that way and it didnt cost them alot in R&D.

The pickle fork and the tower design have been around long before mastercraft and malibu started using them!

I had a chance to go in an RZ2 this summer, very nice boat but more a hardcore wake than I would like, ski wake compared to my vtx is big. My guess depending on pricing Tige is going to take some share this year.

Bow of a mastercraft, tower of a malibu... kinda. Talk about copycats...

http://www.tige.com/build/rz4.php

Hmmm, Correct Craft created the first boat with a ski tower. Shame on Malibu for copying them! FWIW, Correct Craft holds the paten for ski towers and all manufactures pay royalties to them.

'08 MasterCraft X boats have a color video display standard and now Malibu has Maliview...

Correct Craft has patent rights to all wake board towers , and did sue early on when everybody added towers, I dont know how the case went but supposedly they received some kind of compensation back in 98 or so , because of the law suit Tige got patents on taps and convext v hulls , you will see other companys with trim plates but not the convext v, companys can only curve their hulls up so far . As to the picklefork MC counldnt patent it because they didnt innovate it , that hull desighn has been around for decades.

Correct Craft has patent rights to all wake board towers , and did sue early on when everybody added towers, I dont know how the case went but supposedly they received some kind of compensation back in 98 or so , because of the law suit Tige got patents on taps and convext v hulls , you will see other companys with trim plates but not the convext v, companys can only curve their hulls up so far . As to the picklefork MC counldnt patent it because they didnt innovate it , that hull desighn has been around for decades.

I believe a corretion is in order here. CC holds patent for the 4 point wakeboard tower where the Illusion X is a 2 point tower and therefore Malibu doesnt have to pay royalties.

Ok picklefork bows have been around in I/Os longer than most inboard comapnies have been around. Malibu's tower design is made and manufactured by METCRAFT, who makes towers and other accessories and made towers for Tige back in the early 2000's. Wetsounds are used as the standard stereo in Tige. Tige uses the same medallion guages, did they copy malibu too? Malibu must be copying Nautiques push button start too? All this who copied who stufff is just B/S bs.gif I guess every company copied the virst inboard company that made a V-Drive. I guess the car companies are copying each other with their hybrid cars. Perfect Pass copied Zero off in GPS speed control. WHATS NEXT!! WHO CARES. ITS ALL IN EFFORT TO MAKE A BETTER BOAT FOR THE CONSUMER!(Which is you by the way) Every boat manufactuer has a different customer base. And its not like Tige hasnt come up with any great ideas either.

:unsure: Too much coffee there zad? :lol:

j/k :) When I was reading it the little voice in my head sounded frantic... :lol:

EDIT: I don't disagree with a single thing you said.

Edited by NorCaliBu

The tige is a good boat and is looking more like the best boat in the industry every day. The Tige wakeboard wake doesn't compare favorably to a bu' wake, imho.

Every boat has their nich in the market , and thats what gives us a wide varity to choose from, the bottom line is as long as you are getting maximun enjoyment with family and friends while on the water, I cant think of a better place to be. The ultimate wake board boat had to be Noahs Arch with all the animals for ballast. P.S I dont know whos tower he used?

Malibu R&D Designed the tower, Metcraft perfected it and builds it. They also Build Tige's Towers now

If Malibu designed it do they hold the patent for the 2 point tower? If so then wouldnt Tige have to pay royalties? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Bonz