Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat cover screwed up my window

If you would take the time to use something resembling English, we might have some small chance of understanding what you're trying to say.

I think he is trying to say that the rankin cover did something to make it happen while causing the windshield to go bad cause of the commom problem all have experienced by the very nature of the cover material and commonality of suffering by all consumers with bad rankin covers while inquiring about the legitamacy of this claim's truethfullness here and abroad,

How's that for a reply? ROFL.gif

If you would take the time to use something resembling English, we might have some small chance of understanding what you're trying to say.

I think he is trying to say that the rankin cover did something to make it happen while causing the windshield to go bad cause of the commom problem all have experienced by the very nature of the cover material and commonality of suffering by all consumers with bad rankin covers while inquiring about the legitamacy of this claim's truethfullness here and abroad,

Okay yeah, I was a little grumpy last night when I said that I admit. But honestly, if you expect anyone here to put the time into giving a thoughtful reply, you should at least have the courtesy to make it easy for us to read/understand by typing a post that makes sense. I'll be blunt, I'm not motivated in the least to put the effort into helping anyone that makes a post like that.

EDIT: To the OP, did you call Rankin? What was their response?

So your tint is on the outside of the windshield??

My question aswell... FYI, I was advised by the dealer not to drive with the cover on.

Edited by SVTHorsnake

I've towed quite a bit with both the Rankin cover and the Evolution cover and have never had any issues with my windshield. I must admit though that I really am not sure what the OP's issue/question is.

I'll hazard a guess that the tint is installed correctly (on the inside) but the black cover, parked in the sun, got hot enough to cook/melt/bubble the tint from the window. Not rankin's fault. Not the tint shop's fault. If that's the case, it would be the fault of the guy that put the two together.

...but that's just a guess

So I'll take a guess, (kind of bored here at work :) ) He towed with the cover on and the backs straps came off causing the cover to brush the windshield while driving, which caused damage to the window tint that was done on the outside Tongue.gif

Just a little Friday humor!! :)

OK- how 'bout another guess...

"tint" means the paint/powdercoating on the windshield frame, and the cover scuffed it after being set in the sand, then placed on the boat which was towed with the sandy cover in place.

I love these posts from people that have 0-10 posts.

It's not that for me at all, it's just that some people are so into the whole texting thing that they fail to use any form of understandable communication at all. Some forums are so inundated by it that you can't hardly understand what it is that is up for discussion.

This reminds me of some of my first posts when I was trying to find out from all of you the height of my boat with the tower folded down :unsure: we were moving into another house, I had to give a yes or no. HAO doesn't allow your boat in the drive way and I wasn't parking it in the street and could not park it on the side yard. I was in between work, moving, packing, posting :) and some of my posts were very short and unclear.

But you guys still didn't give me this much grief Thumbup.gif Thanks