Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

beeps while driving

arsenuts411

just got back from the boat and while i was coming back in the boat started beeping. I am thinking that it has to be a warning beep. It is 2 beeps right after each other. anyone have any idea on what this may be?

well i was just gonna post this that the oil pressure was below 40 i though that it was higher before this was at 2400 rpms also. that is the only thing that caught my eye could it be a low oil pressure warning?

Thoes beeps typically mean there is somehting wrong. 40PSI doesnt sound too out of the norm. How about engine temp and voltage?

Those all seemed fine after posting this i did a search and seen stuff about the oil pressure switch. I am going to pull the wire off that tomorrow and see if that is the deal. any other suggestions would be appreciated at what to look at

I need a little help diagnosing the problem.

From what I researched I found out the alarm goes off

From engine temp

trans temp sensor

oil pressure switch

All the gauges look fine I guess the oil pressure as I mention above is at a good level. OF course before I try below I am going to check the fluid levels which i did yesterday and everything seemed fine but I am not even sure if that would cause the alarm to go off anyway.

First I am going to pull the wire off that oil pressure switch and ground it to the block or motor mount and see if the alarm stops

second pull the wire off the transmission temp sensor and see if that works

I am not sure how you check the engine temp sensor is there a wire on that?

Also any other suggestion corrections to the above would be greatly appreciated I rather not have to drive the boat up to the dealer ship to have them fix the problem.

pulled the wire off the oil pressure switch and the beeping stopped and then put it back on the beeping started. Is this what the problem is.

Also there was a little bit of oil on the switch when i touched it.

The one thing that I am wondering is the oil sending units looks like it goes into the oil pressure switch. The oil pressure switch goes straight into the block correct?

Also should I just replace the oil sending unit while I am at it?

The oil pressure switch is designed to fail closed, thus triggering an alarm. This way you are alerted about a failure. Since the beeping stopped after you disconnected it, there lies your problem. The switches that trigger alarms and the sensors (senders) that input to your gauges are seperate from one another, therefore gauges will read normal if a sensing switch fails like yours apparantly did.

Will driving the boat with a bad oil pressure switch do any damage to my boat until I order a new one online and have them send it to me. Unless anyone can give me a part number for napa. I called and told them it was for an indmar motor and I they could not cross reference the part.

Just unplug it. it should be the brown wire next to the oil filter. Thumbup.gif

But to answer your question...NO, it shouldn't damage a thing. Just unplug and replace it when you get one. No big deal, really.

Will driving the boat with a bad oil pressure switch do any damage to my boat until I order a new one online and have them send it to me. Unless anyone can give me a part number for napa. I called and told them it was for an indmar motor and I they could not cross reference the part.
Edited by WaveMake'nLSV
Just unplug it. it should be the brown wire next to the oil filter. Thumbup.gif

But to answer your question...NO, it shouldn't damage a thing. Just unplug and replace it when you get one. No big deal, really.

thanks you just made my weekend monday i will be ordering one up