Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Its stiff and I can't get it up...

Mine is pretty tight too. I just put some oil on it every so often and it's good for a while. I imagine using a silicone lubricant would work better than what I use.

it happened to me its the heat making the sides expand the dealer fixed mine too

See, just another reason I love this site so much. Simple Question, Simple Answer, Simple fix ...move on and get back to having fun. Thanks for the help. I am going to do mine myself. I wonder how they get the pylon out after removing the set bolt? It is so stiff I am not sure I will be able to pull it out to hone the inside down a bit.

Thanks for the help. I will post the solution when I figure it out, unless someone saves me the headache with a brilliant quick fix.

OK...new info. It may be heat that tightens the nylon bushing, but when I took the bolt out and lubed it up, I was able to get it to move freely again. But when I put the bolt in, it jammed up again. So I think it is the Bolt binding on the sides of the slot it slides in. I took the bolt out and ground it down to a smaller diameter where it meets the slot and that seemed to help quite a bit. Just manufactured a bit tight.