Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Platform w/built in step - does this exist?

kevink

I am almost certain that I saw an '08 bu at the Fort Wayne boat show with a ladder/step built into the fiberglass swim platform. It pulled out from the starboard side of the platform and looked very slick. It was not an aftermarket bolt-on to an existing swim platform.

Was I dreaming? Does this exist and has anyone else seen one?

KK

$400 ??? !!!

I think the money would be better spent on a health club membership so you'd be in good enough shape to climb onto the platform without needing a ladder.

I have a friend in Portland who owns a 23 LSV with a ladder under the fiberglass swimstep. He's got Cerebral Palsy & lucky he can walk, much less climb in the boat.

I believe BridgeCity installed it for him.

I have 2 sea doo's as well as a malibu. I got the idea from the sea doo's to put a spring loaded step on the swim step of the boat. There is a company in So Calif, that makes them for boats. It runs about $200.00. We are very happy with ours and it works well. I know that Bombardier, Sea doo, buys from them for their boats from this company. If you need more info, your sea doo dealer can tell you how to get one

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that's not the one I saw. The one I saw was integrated right into the platform. The side of the platform actually pulled out. When retracted, you couldnt tell from a distance.

I just found this mention of it in the April Malibu E-newsletter, but no picture.

http://www.malibuboats.com/review/MalibuReview_Apr.html

about 3rd of the way down the page:

"Malibu has developed a retractable swimstep ladder for just such occasions. It is available as an option on the Sunscape 23 LSV"

So it appears that it is an option on the starting with the '08 LSV. Funny, no photos on the Malibu website. It would almost be worth it to buy a new swim step (and e-bay the old one) to get something like this - it looked that good and would help my older folks into the boat.