Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat lift advive

SteveB

I have a 23ft Wakesetter and live in Minneapolis. Though we are getting late in the season and snow will probably fall in a month or so, I am looking into a boat lift. The boat is at a friends so simple/low profile is better. I was looking at the air docks. They seem to look a little odd but storage would be a breeze and there would be no install cost 2x's a year. Anybody have thoughts on these? Any other lifts anyone likes?

Thanks

MalibuNation

Do you want the boat just out of the water or out of the water and covered?

The only cost to put my lift in is a case of Coronas and a lime in the spring and again in the fall. Learned something this past spring, start drinking after the lift is in, not before. Whistling.gif

We have an Ozark lift at the lake in Tennessee, but I still pull the boat out every October, and put it back in for the Spring, usually April or May. I tow the boat back home to Ohio for the off-season and keep it in a garage. The Ozark lift uses the plastic air tanks, and it seems to work just fine. I love keeping the boat on the lift during the season to keep it out of the water, out of the wakes, etc. Of course, it's much better to be on it and in the water! The lift came with the condo we purchased last summer, and I think is around 8-10 years old. I do need to re-carpet the bunks in the next couple of years, but so far, using the lift has been a breeze. We did have to re-set the bunks when we bought it, as the previous owner had a Crownline, but re-setting the bunks was really not a big deal.