Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Posts Have Been Most Useful

Hack

I was just thinking the other day that I've received a lot of good information here. I thought that it might be cool to gather everyone's top tips in one place. They don't have to be "signifcant" per se. For instance, one of the most valuable things I gained - which is SO obvious now - was to use reuseable cold pacs in the soft cooler that Malibu gives you. This helps it not to leak and is convienent. Sounds simple but it helped.

Another great tip was the Sampson Tower mirror. That thing rocks and I wouldn't have known of it otherwise.

The Heater split was another thing that really helped.

I could probably go on with a few more but you get the general idea. What have you picked up from this site that really helped you out with your boat, equipment, new purchase, etc.?

Three things for me, not so much knowledge but here goes:

1. New friends that I would not have met if it wasn't for this site.

2. Group buys that I would not get if I wasn't a member!

3. Questions that needed answered, not so much information but opinions from everyone.

Great place Thumbup.gif

I learned that Republicans are stupid. Democrats are stupid. God exists. God does not exist. The USA is great. The USA is the worst country in the world. Oh and Tige sucks.

1: Product info: ie; Glove Impellers, Babes, etc.

2: Vride & specific dealer details when I was looking at boats

3: Occupies my time when it needs to be done.

Thanks to those of you who keep it together & contribute.

I learned that Republicans are stupid. Democrats are stupid. God exists. God does not exist. The USA is great. The USA is the worst country in the world. Oh and Tige sucks.

I guess I haven't been around long enough to be this confused yet Whistling.gif but I actually like Tige' especially the ZR2 even though it is a "pickle fork" design.

I would definitely agree with BAJ on product info. I sometimes research things in agonizing detail before I lay down my cash. Which brings me to the 2nd - group buys and crew discounts, and the 3rd all the great knowledge avaible and maintenance and project tips.

Specifically things that have helped me-

programming 08 LCD switches

prop selection (and for new to inboards, how to change an inboard prop) Think about it, if all you have ever changed are I/O and outboard props, it helps to have a little how-to available

Power wedge calibration and speed control default (which is also kind of a PITA if you set it to default on)

knowledge of miscellanous problems, what to do about them, or what Malibu is doing - ipods not working, windshield problems and other items that it is good to know about in advance so you can keep an eye out for them

And of course alot of like-minded (more or less) people, but with enough opions to keep it interesting.

MalibuNation
1: Product info: ie; Glove Impellers, Babes, etc.

2: Vride & specific dealer details when I was looking at boats

3: Occupies my time when it needs to be done.

Thanks to those of you who keep it together & contribute.

Everything ... from friends, info on Teak, tips on skiing and wakeboarding, accessories (sp), the list goes on and on.

Edited by MalibuNation

Wow, I have no idea where to even start. Here are a few in no particular order:

1) Warming tray mod for pre-06 boats.

2) Installation of 2nd heater snorkel.

3) Sampson Mirror

4) How to clean out the oil cooler (this one saved me a bunch of time and money)

5) Prop basics and getting my boat propped just how I like it.

The list goes on and on....it doesn't take long reading the Crew to become somewhat of an expert yourself to people who don't know their boat or Malibu in general.

- wakeboard boot recommendations for large guys with even larger feet

- how to align steering wheel to rudder by dropping rack and pinion

- how to pamper my 'bu - which products to use and how to use them

- how to pull up a wakeboarder

- etc etc

I had to do a search for this one. I thought the consensus was that there was not enough room above the spark arrestor & below the engine cover on the pre-06 21' VLX/Vride type boats.

Then I noticed someone comment on a tray above the v-drive, below the rear seat.

Guess I'm going to have to go home & see if either of these options are possible on the Vride.

Two huge money savers.

1. Back in 04, Carlisle was having problems with there trailer tires. The tires were actually made by Goodyear for Carlisle. Learned here people were gettting them replace for free. I had a blow out, and damaged my trailer fender. I called Carlisle and they agreed to replace the blown tire only. I challanged the guy, the next thing I know UPS delivers 5 new tires, the local Goodyear shop mounts and balances for free, AND I got a reimbursement check from Carlisle for the fender repair.

2. Heard here about people having wedge problems on the 03 and 04 boats. Mine broke last summer of 2007. My boat was out of warranty. I asked my dealer is Bu would warranty the thing due to the more than usual problems they were having with the bolts shearing off. ( Of course I can be confident with the dealer cuz of all the cases I read on this site. ) My dealer said most likely Malibu would not but would ask. One week later Malibu sent out a new wedge. Which was kick a** service on Bu's part.

I had to do a search for this one. I thought the consensus was that there was not enough room above the spark arrestor & below the engine cover on the pre-06 21' VLX/Vride type boats.

Then I noticed someone comment on a tray above the v-drive, below the rear seat.

Guess I'm going to have to go home & see if either of these options are possible on the Vride.

I have the tray in my 05 VLX above the engine. There seems to be plenty of room for it. The only issue is the hatch won't secure all the way because of the extra material...solved by drilling a new hole for the hatch pin.

-Which crossover boat to buy.

-What brand stereos to go for.

-Dual battery setup for stereo, and stereo components. (thanks Tim, your the man!)

Haven't looked at the prop stuff yet, as I have no need. Have learned a lot of a quick fixes and stopped myself from repeating someones mistakes by reading A LOT before I go ahead and buy something/replace something.

How to adjust the drip from the shaft nuts.

Getting in on the OJ prop buy (late).

getting the Globe Impeller.

Advice on the right prop.

Advice on the Steering cable that was stiff.

Ballast and speed that worked best for Surfing.

Finding out that the wake is better on one side surfing because of the prop rotation and that there was nothing to do about it except learn to surf on the good side.

Hesitation in the accelleration remedies.

Solutions on the ballast pumps that kept flipping the breakers.

Sympathy when you screw up and ATTA BOY when you discover a new trick and share.

Venders that love us.

Trashing the other boat brands.

I just love it and it makes me look smart in front of my other Malibu Friends. And that is hard to do. Thanks to everyone.

How to adjust the drip from the shaft nuts.

Getting in on the OJ prop buy (late).

getting the Globe Impeller.

Advice on the right prop.

Advice on the Steering cable that was stiff.

Ballast and speed that worked best for Surfing.

Finding out that the wake is better on one side surfing because of the prop rotation and that there was nothing to do about it except learn to surf on the good side.

Hesitation in the accelleration remedies.

Solutions on the ballast pumps that kept flipping the breakers.

Sympathy when you screw up and ATTA BOY when you discover a new trick and share.

Venders that love us.

Trashing the other boat brands.

I just love it and it makes me look smart in front of my other Malibu Friends. And that is hard to do. Thanks to everyone.

Haha...funny you should say that. I have a friend that is looking at Malibu and Mastercraft and he called me Dr. Boat yesterday because I had so much insight for him....all because of this site.