Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Our back end of the boat is getting board scratches.

We bring a lot of new people on our boat, my kids friends, family and so on. Each time they go to wakeboard I tell everyone the same thing, Please when you are putting on the wakeboard do not slam it against the back of the boat. Each time the same things happens, bam and i say yes just like that do not do that, they say sorry and now i have another scratch. Is there a big pad or sticker or something like that i can put back there?

If I brought someone to the lake and used my boat, and they hit the back of my boat with a wakeboard, they would only do it once. They wouldn't be there on a second trip.

The other option would be only bring along barefooters. Feet don't scratch...... Thumbup.gif

Edited by Sunset_Bob

My wife always says, honey don’t worry about it, i always say and think the same thing, I think What the Hell did I just tell you, WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNTION, but i always say the same thing, ok just be careful next time.

Alternative is visit a moto x store and buy scuff tape. It's thick clear tape that you can apply to protect the transom. Comes in different widths (150mm, 300mm etc). Works great and can simply remove prior to selling boat. I use it on boats, mountain bikes etc

Plus1.gif On the Malibu Crew Transom pads!!! It has saved my boat literally hundreds of times by now. The other day my brother was surfing behind us as we were going over to a cove to drop off some people. He KNEW we were going over there and would be stopping eventually. What did he do when I let off the gas? SMACK! Straight into the back of the boat and I could FEEL the hit. Boy was I pissed off!?!$ Mad.gif until I looked and wiped the boat down that evening....and shazaaamm! Not a scratch nor a scuff! Yahoo.gif
Alternative is visit a moto x store and buy scuff tape. It's thick clear tape that you can apply to protect the transom. Comes in different widths (150mm, 300mm etc). Works great and can simply remove prior to selling boat. I use it on boats, mountain bikes etc

Thumbup.gif

Works great. Use it on all my vehicles and boats etc. Cost about $15.00 to do the whole transom and also a strip up at the bow where the bow roller hits.

Also comes in different thicknesses.

Edited by Black&Blue'Bu