Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion Tower Swap

btbaeder

I have a 2006 Vride and I am thinking about swaping out the illusion tower for a titan III or having a custom tower built. I love the looks of the illusion and it is very solid but since we have the XL bimini top and I am about 6' tall I feel like I am moving around the boat like a hunchback. I absolutly love the performance of the boat I just want a taller tower.

Has anyone here ever done this or know of anyone that has? Am I crazy? Should I just get an 09 V-ride with the Titan III?

I have a 2006 Vride and I am thinking about swaping out the illusion tower for a titan III or having a custom tower built. I love the looks of the illusion and it is very solid but since we have the XL bimini top and I am about 6' tall I feel like I am moving around the boat like a hunchback. I absolutly love the performance of the boat I just want a taller tower.

Has anyone here ever done this or know of anyone that has? Am I crazy? Should I just get an 09 V-ride with the Titan III?

sounds extreme, why not just get the metcraft bimini that goes over the top of the illusion tower?

sounds extreme, why not just get the metcraft bimini that goes over the top of the illusion tower?

That does help, but not by much. I'm around 5'9'', and I still have to duck under the tower itself.

If I'm not mistaken the bimini's on the Titan's fits under the tower would actually be lower than the Metcraft on an Illusion X. I am almost 5'10" and have the extended bimini on a 2005 Vride and have no problem walking around the cabin, the only problem is getting in from the side if you forget it is there. How far back from the windshield is the tower mounted.
If I'm not mistaken the bimini's on the Titan's fits under the tower would actually be lower than the Metcraft on an Illusion X. I am almost 5'10" and have the extended bimini on a 2005 Vride and have no problem walking around the cabin, the only problem is getting in from the side if you forget it is there. How far back from the windshield is the tower mounted.

Not only does Titan make an over the tower bimini for their own tower now, but Towerbiminis is too.

Plus I heard there is a shop in Dallas that has been making them since the Titan II.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

We actually offer two different bimini tops for our Series III tower on the Ride series boats; one mounts under the tower and gives the maximum amount of shade, while the other mounts on top of the tower to maximize headroom. Take your pick, they're both great biminis, and they let customers choose which one is best for them.

titan_otb_800.jpg

Yeah just standing up from the drivers seat is not bothersome. Really it is getting in from the back of the boat. I swear I almost knocked myself out when i hit my head on the back of the bimini top. I did get some laughs......

Very nice boat!

This is the first summer with the Vride and we really love the performance. I can fill the center tank and wedge and at 19MPH it creates the perfect wake for my son (who is 9). Then I fill the front bag and put some in the rear sacks bump the speed up to 22 and it is a nice wake for me and my wife.

I would like a bigger boat. What speed do you have to go in your LSV to have a clean wake?

We actually offer two different bimini tops for our Series III tower on the Ride series boats; one mounts under the tower and gives the maximum amount of shade, while the other mounts on top of the tower to maximize headroom. Take your pick, they're both great biminis, and they let customers choose which one is best for them.

titan_otb_800.jpg

Do you have a pic from the back? Can you still mount speakers???