Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trying to get a 23LSV

CrazyTegger

Hey guys, I've been researching the forum lots and getting tonnes of information, so thank you for the community.

Our family's been in the works of getting a new boat for the past two years, and after finally getting things rolling, we've been looking at around and we've settled on a nice 08' 23 LSV. It's got basically every option available. Here's a small list of what I can remember:

Power Wedge

Docking Lights

Tower lights (8)

Tower Speakers (4)

6 Interior Speakers

12" rockford sub

3 amps (1 is for sub)

sport seating (which we wanted)

heated seats

heater

hot water shower

fiberglass transom

swim light

front ballast

depth finder

hammerhead 383 engine

that's all I can recall right now. Anyways the MSRP from the beginning of the year was 92,000 Canadian (i'm in BC). There was a summer special bringing the cost down to 82,000. The boat has been used throughout the summer by the dealership's owner. It's got 12 hours on it. I test drove the boat today, and it's exactly what our family is looking for, but the cost that the dealer is giving me after today's test drive is 78,000. Basically he's dropped off 4k from the 12 hours of summer use.

That drop seems too little for me. The 08's are at the end of their season and no one is getting 08's anymore. It's been in the water, all summer, out in the hot sun. It's been used, albeit not a lot. The 09's are out at another dealership, where we'll be heading to on Friday. I thought I could go in and expect the cost to be around 73,000. That doesn't seem too unreasonable for me.

Now the 78k was the original negotiating amount, and my dad will be heading back on thrusday to begin secondary negotiations, but I wanted to check with you guys as to what you feel I could be able to get for a deal. Does 73 seem reasonable? 70? let me know what you think.

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate all the help.

Edited by CrazyTegger

I would also wait, you have the upper hand and the money to buy it. If you wait until the end of the year you may not believe the price you'll get it for. If it's not that one there will be more :)

Hey guys, I've been researching the forum lots and getting tonnes of information, so thank you for the community.

Our family's been in the works of getting a new boat for the past two years, and after finally getting things rolling, we've been looking at around and we've settled on a nice 08' 23 LSV. It's got basically every option available. Here's a small list of what I can remember:

Power Wedge

Docking Lights

Tower lights (8)

Tower Speakers (4)

6 Interior Speakers

12" rockford sub

3 amps (1 is for sub)

sport seating (which we wanted)

heated seats

heater

hot water shower

fiberglass transom

swim light

front ballast

depth finder

hammerhead 383 engine

that's all I can recall right now. Anyways the MSRP from the beginning of the year was 92,000 Canadian (i'm in BC). There was a summer special bringing the cost down to 82,000. The boat has been used throughout the summer by the dealership's owner. It's got 12 hours on it. I test drove the boat today, and it's exactly what our family is looking for, but the cost that the dealer is giving me after today's test drive is 78,000. Basically he's dropped off 4k from the 12 hours of summer use.

That drop seems too little for me. The 08's are at the end of their season and no one is getting 08's anymore. It's been in the water, all summer, out in the hot sun. It's been used, albeit not a lot. The 09's are out at another dealership, where we'll be heading to on Friday. I thought I could go in and expect the cost to be around 73,000. That doesn't seem too unreasonable for me.

Now the 78k was the original negotiating amount, and my dad will be heading back on thrusday to begin secondary negotiations, but I wanted to check with you guys as to what you feel I could be able to get for a deal. Does 73 seem reasonable? 70? let me know what you think.

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate all the help.

I would wait that's kinda steep for a used boat at the end of the summer.

Crazy,

These boats generally cost more in Canada than they do here in the States (Duty? Exchange rate? I dunno...).

We're Canadians living in Va right now and when I was looking at boats I checked the US and Canada. We paid $64K US here in the States for our 08 23LSV, with less options than you have, but brand spankin new. We actually bought it believing that when we go home to Canada in a couple of years we could probably sell it for the same price we paid in the US.

So it's hard to compare what your boat is worth with boats in the US. Either way, I agree with everyone else here that the dealer is asking too much. At that price you'd be better off buying one in the States and paying the GST to import it...

Mike

Thanks for the reply's guys.

I knew it was too high. I did some research on nadaguides, and the boat should fall 20k after the first year, which would bring it down to 72k, and then be able to negotiate another 7. My parents were thinking about heading down to california to take a look at some dealerships there, and if the dealership here doesn't drop, we'll most likely do that and get an '09 since most 08's are gone.

Now's the question. Where's a good dealership in Washingon, Oregon or California... what do you guys think

Edited by CrazyTegger

I knew it was too high. I did some research on nadaguides, and the boat should fal 20k after the first year, which would bring it down to 72k, and then be able to negotiate another 7. My parents were thinking about heading down to california to take a look at some dealerships there, and if the dealership here doesn't drop, we'll most likely do that and get an '09 since most 08's are gone.

Now's the question. Where's a good dealership in Washingon, Oregon or California... what do you guys thing

I just looked & it looks like Madras Marine (Central Oregon) has at least 1 '08 WS LSV left (I think that they may have 2 though). 541-475-2476, talk to David or Gary. You can try Bridge City as well (Portland/Salem area), (503) 244-5550, talk to Jerry if he's still there. Bake's is quite a bit closer to you (Seattle area), so try them too, 425-392-7599, it looks like they may have a few leftovers. Good luck.

I knew it was too high. I did some research on nadaguides, and the boat should fall 20k after the first year, which would bring it down to 72k, and then be able to negotiate another 7. My parents were thinking about heading down to california to take a look at some dealerships there, and if the dealership here doesn't drop, we'll most likely do that and get an '09 since most 08's are gone.

Now's the question. Where's a good dealership in Washingon, Oregon or California... what do you guys think

Rocky at the CDA Yacht Club has treated me VERY well for 4 boats now. They are in North Idaho. http://www.hagadonemarine.com/about/contact.php

Rocky at the CDA Yacht Club has treated me VERY well for 4 boats now. They are in North Idaho. http://www.hagadonemarine.com/about/contact.php

I figure we're going to tell the dealership we're only willing to pay 68k (take 3k for importing from usa) and see what he says for that. We're going to do the same to the second dealer we're heading to this weekend. If all else fails, we'll be heading down to the states. I probably am safe to assume that most 08's are gone, at least by the time we get there.

Talk to Ron at Wizard Lake Marine in Calmar Alberta. Well worth the drive from B.C. 780-985-4200

I totally agree, i bought my first Malibu in Montana for the big savings, after using it one year i was addicted and wanted to upgrade so I stopped by Wizard and they made it worth my while to buy locally but with all that said there is some CRAZY deals on used BU's with around 90 hours in the USA right now.

Talk to Ron at Wizard Lake Marine in Calmar Alberta. Well worth the drive from B.C. 780-985-4200

I totally agree, i bought my first Malibu in Montana for the big savings, after using it one year i was addicted and wanted to upgrade so I stopped by Wizard and they made it worth my while to buy locally but with all that said there is some CRAZY deals on used BU's with around 90 hours in the USA right now.

Is there a rep from Wizard on the site?? Calling the Wizard!!! (i'm sending an email off right now too)

From what Ive heard..... 8/10 Pro Riders cant tell a difference between boats with or without diamond hull. Its only noticeable at higher speeds. But im new here so im sure it has been argued about numerous times.

I'd have to see it to believe it.

Can anyone confirm this at all?

Edited by CrazyTegger

I am currently looking for a new 23 LSV also as i recently had my 07 23 LSV stolen (sniff). I have purchased out of province before and I would advise that the savings be substantial before overlooking your local dealer as tranportation is bigger factor with the price of fuel and buying local ensures good quality service from your dealer.

I am currently looking for a new 23 LSV also as i recently had my 07 23 LSV stolen (sniff). I have purchased out of province before and I would advise that the savings be substantial before overlooking your local dealer as tranportation is bigger factor with the price of fuel and buying local ensures good quality service from your dealer.

Understood. We are trying to deal locally, and I sent information off with our offer, and some proof to back up the pricing of the offer, but if the deal doesn't go, it doesn't go. It's better to spend $3000 between gas, lodging, food and travelling to save $10,000 than to just bite the bullet and pay the extra.

We have a mechanic that we've used long before now, and we'll most likely continue to utilize him after warranty is up so service is an option, but not a complete deal-breaker.

Been getting quotes all day from US around 63-65k. Got an email back from the local malibu dealership and said 65k was out of the question, so I am waiting his counter offer.

BTW, I didn't mention in the last post, but that totally sucks your boat was stolen... I would never want to be in a situation like that. If it helps, someone went around to all the boats in our area and stole stereo equipment this past week. They swiped our neighbors, but left ours alone.. I guess it was too old and crappy

Edited by CrazyTegger
Been getting quotes all day from US around 63-65k. Got an email back from the local malibu dealership and said 65k was out of the question, so I am waiting his counter offer.

BTW, I didn't mention in the last post, but that totally sucks your boat was stolen... I would never want to be in a situation like that. If it helps, someone went around to all the boats in our area and stole stereo equipment this past week. They swiped our neighbors, but left ours alone.. I guess it was too old and crappy

And of course the weather has been the nicest so far this summer the last couple of weeks since it was stolen. I will have to see how long the insurance process takes but hoping to salvage a bit of summer still! Good luck in your quest for at 23, your gonna love it!

And of course the weather has been the nicest so far this summer the last couple of weeks since it was stolen. I will have to see how long the insurance process takes but hoping to salvage a bit of summer still! Good luck in your quest for at 23, your gonna love it!

Where was the boat when it was stolen? I assume on sylvan lake, where you're from... or was it somewhere else?

Edited by CrazyTegger

Bake's in Seattle has 2 08 23LSV's left (They had 3 until last friday when i snatched the best the 3 up:). The two remaining boats are both diamond hull, one is pretty light on options and the other one is better equipted. One is mainly white with a little bit of blue trim and the other one is brown and black. They also have 2 09's sitting on the lot (but without Mali-vue.. and if you are going to get an 09 then why not spring for Malivue) Can't say enought good things about the guys at Bakes. Give Bret a call. They will really take care of you.