Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fold your tower?

Malibusteve

Fold your tower?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Respond here about your tower utilization

• I fold my tower every time I use my boat
    • I occasionally fold my tower during winter layup or other long periods of non-use
    • I never fold my tower

TIII lowered weekly to get in garage. Have to unbolt front hoop also to clear 7 foot door height.DSC01815.jpg

I have the same Titan III tower on a 05 Sportster LX. I got tired of unbolting the front and laying the tower on the windsheild. Sometimes it slips off the windshield unto the ground. I took the tower to an exhaust bender and he put a slight bend on each. Now it fits in the 7' high door with no problem. I ended up using straight black 2" radiator hose to put over the front tower where it rest on the windshield.

TIII lowered weekly to get in garage. Have to unbolt front hoop also to clear 7 foot door height.DSC01815.jpg

I have the same Titan III tower on a 05 Sportster LX. I got tired of unbolting the front and laying the tower on the windsheild. Sometimes it slips off the windshield unto the ground. I took the tower to an exhaust bender and he put a slight bend on each. Now it fits in the 7' high door with no problem. I ended up using straight black 2" radiator hose to put over the front tower where it rest on the windshield.

Your Sportster may fit with a slight bend, my VLX would take a pretty good kink to get it to clear. Then the top joint would not fit properly to the rear hoop. You got any pics of the bent hoop?

We have to remove the Samson mirror, drop the tower, take the trailer off the truck, use a floor jack to lower the tongue as far down as possible, and let the air out of the front tires as much as possible without the trailer's front cross member dragging. We can then push the boat into the garage, but still have to 'tug' down on the racks slightly to get them to clear. Once in, we raise the tongue and sit the trailer down on the trailer jack, stand the tower back up, and air the tires back up - just because I want the boat level, don't want the tower laying on the dash, and don't like the thought of all the weight on the 'flat' tires. Reverse the process to get it out of the garage. Oh, I can't wait to get my shop built!

We have to remove the Samson mirror, drop the tower, take the trailer off the truck, use a floor jack to lower the tongue as far down as possible, and let the air out of the front tires as much as possible without the trailer's front cross member dragging. We can then push the boat into the garage, but still have to 'tug' down on the racks slightly to get them to clear. Once in, we raise the tongue and sit the trailer down on the trailer jack, stand the tower back up, and air the tires back up - just because I want the boat level, don't want the tower laying on the dash, and don't like the thought of all the weight on the 'flat' tires. Reverse the process to get it out of the garage. Oh, I can't wait to get my shop built!

You need to play the Benny hill theme song while you do this. :)

We have an '04 Wakesetter LSV with an Illusion X tower and we usually lower it each time we use the boat. It's pretty easy to do with two people, just two bolts and setting it down the a resting pole. We have to go through three 8 ft. doors to get it out of the back shop, and we have about a 5 inch clearing on each side where the boardracks are. It's kind of a tight squeeze but we can get it through.

It looks like the Titan towers are a lot more intricate when lowering.

You need to play the Benny hill theme song while you do this. :)

It's always felt that way - and now I'll have the tune running through my head to boot! Thanks.... Cry.gif

• 13 years later...

I have an 05 wakesetter with speakers built into the tower. Do I need to take all 4 bolts out or just the lower back 2 bigger bolts to rotate the tower forward for storage? I have never performed this so any and all info would be much appreciated. 

29 minutes ago, Tablerocklake said:

I have an 05 wakesetter with speakers built into the tower. Do I need to take all 4 bolts out or just the lower back 2 bigger bolts to rotate the tower forward for storage? I have never performed this so any and all info would be much appreciated. 

Should be the lower back bolts as you described. 

1 hour ago, Tablerocklake said:

What tower

1 hour ago, Tablerocklake said:

6 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

What tower

Sounds like the Carbon fiber Wing tower if the speakers are built into it.