Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

trailer question

I towed my boat to the gas station and back today. When I got home I smelled something burning. It was coming from one of my trailer tires. The rim was super hot. A little while back my cap to the bearing buddy came off and blew grease all over. So I greased the bearing. Is this an indicator of a wheel bearing going out?

Not trying to steal the thread, but I have a galvanized trailer and it is starting to look pretty rough. Is there anything out there you can put on it to restore natural color, or if I wanted to paint it would it just require a blast and paint??

AF1 :unsure:

Maybe you should start your own thread on this, as it seems to have nothing whatsoever to do with the OP's question. Dontknow.gif

Not trying to steal the thread, but I have a galvanized trailer and it is starting to look pretty rough. Is there anything out there you can put on it to restore natural color, or if I wanted to paint it would it just require a blast and paint??

Maybe you should start your own thread on this, as it seems to have nothing whatsoever to do with the OP's question. Dontknow.gif

Will do A$$hole. You going to be the first to reply with some decent info or just typical bu$$s***.

AF1

Will do A$$hole. You going to be the first to reply with some decent info or just typical bu$$s***.

AF1

Easy does it there, no need to get hostile this is about bearings and brakes.. Op..... check both or you will loose the wheel for sure.

AF,

No need for that at all, he was simply making a suggestion to keep the thread on topic. I split the topic & had it done before I saw that you followed his advice anyway:

Link

So chill out, there's absolutely no call for that. Besides, that kind of behavior is hardly the kind that would motivate anyone to give you advice.

AF,

No need for that at all, he was simply making a suggestion to keep the thread on topic. I split the topic & had it done before I saw that you followed his advice anyway:

Link

So chill out, there's absolutely no call for that. Besides, that kind of behavior is hardly the kind that would motivate anyone to give you advice.

Point Taken

AF1

I recently had had a brake caliper lock up on my truck and it caught fire. Thank goodness I got it out before my truck burnt to the ground. With that said, you should check both brakes and bearings. One could catch fire while the other can rip a wheel off.