Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Improving VTX Slalom Wake

mtaylor

So I took a skiing lesson today. It was the first time I had ever skied behind a real ski boat, and I was blown away.

We have an 07 VTX with a diamond hull. Is there any way to make the ski wake any better than it is?

So I took a skiing lesson today. It was the first time I had ever skied behind a real ski boat, and I was blown away.

We have an 07 VTX with a diamond hull. Is there any way to make the ski wake any better than it is?

try filling the bow ballast tank it will help a little

Go faster Whistling.gif

Yep, as flames said. Same with improving the wake of any boat, put more weight in the nose and lift the stern out. Even in the pre07 LXi the boat loved weight in the nose. Smoothed out the wake and tracking improved..

try filling the bow ballast tank it will help a little

I would suggest that you start off incrementally as opposed to topping off the tank on the first go.

If you are open water skiing try a shorter line. I had a Centurion Elite V Drive for open water it was outstanding at 41 off. Crazy.gif I have it worked out to world class now. I just went down to the Bu dealer and picked up a RLXI Thumbup.gif

Are you skiing without the bimini and racks loaded with boards?

I found that unloading the tower with as little as you can have on it makes a "huge" difference! We ski with no racks, obviously no boards or bimini (I actually take the bimini off completely and lay it on the floor)