Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pink Spots

If it's that pink mold/mildew (technically a bacteria that's inside the vinyl), then go see if you can get Pink-Away at www.pink-away.com -- they ran out recently, so you might have to email them. I got mine during a "field test".

It worked great on my boat's white seats. I had bright pink stains, figured it was a mold. It was, and it worked great.

You sure that you don't have someone with a red bathing suit on and the red started to bleed. That is what happened in my boat I know it was the the bathing suit cause it was where ever the person sat. It was very very difficult to get the pink out I tried about everything and there still was a pink tint on the seat I think after a few sunny days with the boat cover off It finally faded the rest out and isn't noticeable anymore. I will try and find the name of the cleaner that I borrowed from a freiend that really seemed to work. HTH

+1, same problem, same resolution

Wow. Someone must have spent some time trying everything under the sun to remove the pink, and now they are cashing in on their efforts. Awesome job if it works, but $70 for 8 ounces? And people worry about the price of boats...

Just FYI almost a yr old thread.

Make that 5 yrs old... I had a reply for the OP thinking his '13 VLX was getting pink spots (that the boat he has now) and realized just before posting that this thread was started in 2008!

agree with Peter...$70 for 8 oz? We have a Heisenberg out there for upholstery products!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! I am the OP. I remember having this problem initially. Luckily, I worked diligently with Malibu corporate and they replaced my vinyl under warranty. I am happy to hear that there is a quick solution to fix it now a days. I would cry if it was a secondary Malibu and I had to replace all the vinyl...

Each new boat has its share of problems though. I think the new 13 VLX is too smart for its own good. I guess I will wait to see what new software updates cost!!! :(

Wow. Someone must have spent some time trying everything under the sun to remove the pink, and now they are cashing in on their efforts. Awesome job if it works, but $70 for 8 ounces? And people worry about the price of boats...

I was quoted thousands to have my upholstery replaced by a shop in Seattle. They said the spots couldn't be removed. I ended up getting a free sample tube by signing up for their "user experience program" It was like 10ml of the stuff and it cleaned a lot of spots. So I bought two more tubes. I talked with someone there named jody, she said that the price was high because the chemicals they use are pretty pricey. But it covers a lot of area. I ended up using almost 3 of the sample tubes which is 30ml (1 oz?). I'm guessing the total area of spots was, maybe, 5 square feet, tops, spread out over all the boat's vinyl. Just treated the spots, not the entire seats.

LIke they say boats are a hole the water you throw money into! :-D