Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Today was one of those days

the_dude

Hey all,

So I recently purchased a 97 VLX and after spending quite a bit of time cleaning it up and getting it ready for water today was the day to take it out the first time. I live about 10 minutes from the launch ramp but when we got there it was closed down and the next closest ramp was full so after driving about 1.5 hours total we got to a working launch ramp. Drop the boat in the water and while idling waiing for the g/f to get to the dock it overheats. Assuming fried impeller. Had to get towed in as the wind was strong in the opposite direction. We get the boat on the trailer and as we are cresting the top of the boat ramp the left rear leaf spring snaps in half. Thank god it was a tandem trailer. Made it home but man what a disappointing first outing.

Now to see if I can get just the leaf spring for an extreme trailer.

Though the trailer isn't in great shape and I'd rather upgrade to galvanized but can't afford a $4k trailer.