Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Tower Mirror Arm Do You Like?

srintx

I’m looking at putting a Tower Mirror Arm on a Titan II. I wanted to get some opinions on what brand you use and pros/cons of the fixed versus the articulating arm.

Thanks for the advice!

Shawn

I use the mirror arm from Monster Tower. I like the quick release feature, at the end of the day the mirror gets stored inside the boat under the cover. Also, the Monster folks will include a great looking calendar with their stuff.

I use the mirror arm from Monster Tower. I like the quick release feature, at the end of the day the mirror gets stored inside the boat under the cover. Also, the Monster folks will include a great looking calendar with their stuff.

+1 Great product

+1 Great product

Which one? :unsure: The have several?

Shawn

Here are three mirror arms. If I had a Titan I'd get there product as it fits the tower well and offers the least amount of forward vision impairment. The Sampson seems to always need to be tightened while out on the water, while the Nice Rack avoids that issue it seems that it’s more difficult to remove. The Nice Rack version does pivot upwards when no mirror is needed.

#1 Sampson

#2 Nice Rack

#3 Nice Rack

#4 Titan

post-6-1219158177_thumb.jpg

post-6-1219158211_thumb.jpg

post-6-1219158333_thumb.jpg

post-6-1219158359_thumb.jpg

I have a Titan II with the Phoenix pivoting mirror by Fusion. It's a damn good looking bracket, & moves into a variety of positions if you loosen everything up & then tighten it all back down. But it's so long that it has a tiny bit of bounce in it, and sticks out into the walk thru a bit so it's hard for people to get thru without hitting it (see pic).

Ultimately I'd like to run two similar mirrors, one from each side. I tried buying the one piece DIY brackets but the angle of the Titan II front tower leg won't allow me to mount the mirror so it is level (compared to the windshield). Serves me right for goin cheap.

So I'm still looking for a sturdy bracket that doesn't block the walk thru, and can be mounted so the mirror is level, and doesn't cost an arm & a leg.

post-821-1219163385_thumb.jpg

I might be slightly biased, but if you're putting a mirror arm on a Titan tower, there nothing that will fit and work better than our Articulating Mirror Arm. Our exclusive ball and socket mount allows the mirror to be micro-adjusted in an axis, to make sure it's perfectly positioned in front of the driver. Once you get it where you want, tighten down the two mounting bolts and it won't vibrate, bounce or move at all.

We played around with a lot of different mirror arms to figure out what worked and what didn't, and this is the result.