Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX Engine ventilation hose routing question

Hi,

I have a 97 Sunsetter VLX (Vdrive). I recently bought the boat and am hoping to take in out on the water tomorrow. However, the blower motor hose was missing and the ventilation at the transom (4 port black plastic deal) wasn't connected to anything. I've conected some duct hose from the blower motor to one of the vents.

Do I connect any hose to the blower motor inlet side to take air from further down? (Seems good for getting vapors, bad if you get a lot of water in your bilge)

For the remaining 3 vents on the transom I seem to recall reading somewhere that the factory had duct hose just hanging down into the bilge to ensure the air exiting when at speed was being taken from the bilge area. Also this would help minimize the water that splashes on the engine if you take a large wave in the back.

Help me out here how was this set up from the factory?

PS. The two vent hoses from the windshield to the bow are in blace though the end just inside the engine compartment (assume this is normal?).

Thanks

Hi,

I have a 97 Sunsetter VLX (Vdrive). I recently bought the boat and am hoping to take in out on the water tomorrow. However, the blower motor hose was missing and the ventilation at the transom (4 port black plastic deal) wasn't connected to anything. I've conected some duct hose from the blower motor to one of the vents.

Do I connect any hose to the blower motor inlet side to take air from further down? (Seems good for getting vapors, bad if you get a lot of water in your bilge)

For the remaining 3 vents on the transom I seem to recall reading somewhere that the factory had duct hose just hanging down into the bilge to ensure the air exiting when at speed was being taken from the bilge area. Also this would help minimize the water that splashes on the engine if you take a large wave in the back.

Help me out here how was this set up from the factory?

PS. The two vent hoses from the windshield to the bow are in blace though the end just inside the engine compartment (assume this is normal?).

Thanks

On my '99 VLX the intake side of the blower has about 8" of vent hose hanging down into the bilge below the blower. The output side vent hose routes up to one of the vents on the transom. The other the openings on the transom aren't connected to anything.

And yes, the hoses routing from the windshield vents to the engine compartment just end there.