Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New X14 Reviews?

BamaBuCrew

ive seen one but havent been in one. heard the wake is almost as good as the 197. layout seems very cramped.

i would rather have the 07-up response lxi. skiis better and more room. probably cheaper too!

I skied one at an INT event. That's a wakeboard boat. It's wake is no where near the 197, and I don't like the 197 (at 30 or 32 mph). That boat was throwing my 14-year-old everywhere when she skied it at 28mph. The next slalom event was cancelled because that's the only boat that they could get for it. I'd call that boat a bad slalom boat, but good wakeboard boat (from looking at the slalom wake). My 2001 SLXi throws a slalom wake half the size of that monster. Anything in the RLXi or pre-05 SLXi family will put the X-14 to shame for slaloming.

P.S. Don't buy any boat without skiing/riding/driving it first. I've heard a salesman tell someone that a vRide is a good crossover boat. That's a lie. That's the hull that the pro wakeboarders were riding on in 03 or 04. Do you really think it'll throw a good slalom wake?

Edited by billb

I test drove one and was not impressed with the performance. @ 34 mph, the wake looked big from the boat; it seemed sluggish (even though it had the 350hp MCX); and turned like an x-15. Others have told me that it skis really well, but from what the wake looked like from the drivers seat, I would not want to ski it in a course. At slower speeds it gets a lot worse.

Edit: granted there were 4 people in the boat and it was probably full of fuel.

Edited by Brodie
I skied one at an INT event. That's a wakeboard boat. It's wake is no where near the 197, and I don't like the 197 (at 30 or 32 mph). That boat was throwing my 14-year-old everywhere when she skied it at 28mph. The next slalom event was cancelled because that's the only boat that they could get for it. I'd call that boat a bad slalom boat, but good wakeboard boat (from looking at the slalom wake). My 2001 SLXi throws a slalom wake half the size of that monster. Anything in the RLXi or pre-05 SLXi family will put the X-14 to shame for slaloming.

P.S. Don't buy any boat without skiing/riding/driving it first. I've heard a salesman tell someone that a vRide is a good crossover boat. That's a lie. That's the hull that the pro wakeboarders were riding on in 03 or 04. Do you really think it'll throw a good slalom wake?

I have to agree with that statement 110%!!

LMAO, the vRide is a good crossover boat. For a 10yr old hull the vRide still throws one of the nicest wakes out there! Even with just myself in the boat and no ballast the boat still makes a sizable wake at 30mph. Leave it to a salesman to say anything to make that sale. :lol: Anyone who sells Bu's should know better than that!