Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towing with Evolution cover

Malibuzer

Well we made the trip and after 9 hours of driving one way I do have a couple of rub marks on both sides of the boat. They are just below the tower on the sides. I suspect that this is the area that I could see a little movement from the boot area. I will be taping it up for the drive home to prevent this from happening again. Other than that it towed like a gem. I did not have any marks on the windshield or by any of the hooks.

Edwin what E mail do you have for Cory? info at evolutioncovers dot com (425) ..478.. 2043

yep, that's what I've used. He's called me 3 times now in the last 30 mins...but I'm stuck in a meeting and can't take the call.

First you can't get ahold of him and now you can't get him to stop calling. ROFL.gif

I had a great chat with Cory on Friday evening, we're good to go. He's good peeps for certain...

A few questions for everyone:

When driving at highway speeds, should the cover press flat against the windshield? (No noticable flapping of the cover)

If the cover is used while the boat is moored, does anyone get water pooling in the back (DD owners)?

Anyone notice a spot of residue on the chrome of the windshield frame after towing? (It easily comes off with some bug and tar remover)

Thanks.

When driving at highway speeds, should the cover press flat against the windshield? (No noticable flapping of the cover)

~ Yes

If the cover is used while the boat is moored, does anyone get water pooling in the back (DD owners)?

~ When we had our direct drives, we had two of the best fitting covers that I've ever seen. Never had any pooling of water on either those covers when we occasionally had them out in the rain. If it fits correctly, you won't have any pooling.

Anyone notice a spot of residue on the chrome of the windshield frame after towing? (It easily comes off with some bug and tar remover)

~ Yes, not uncommon. It will go away with time.

Thanks.

~ Yes

~ When we had our direct drives, we had two of the best fitting covers that I've ever seen. Never had any pooling of water on either those covers when we occasionally had them out in the rain. If it fits correctly, you won't have any pooling.

~ Yes, not uncommon. It will go away with time.

Thanks.

Thanks. Should I try to pull the cover tighter side to side in the back? The straps are pretty tight in the rear. The boat is always kept in the garage except for trips the lake where the boat is moored for a week or less. I had some trouble with pooling in heavy rain this summer (the first with the new cover) while the boat was moored.

Try adjusting the hooks on the side. You may be surprised at how much you can gain with those if your cover fits correctly. Also, you don't want to necessarily tighten it up a lot using the straps in the back, but you can really reef on the cord & get it really tight that way. That's the way that they intend it, both Rankin & EC.

Yes we are towing in the rain at times. When driving 8 or 9 hours through the mountains we tend to drive through varying weather. Also because we are going on vacation the boat has all the boards and skis inside it on the floor. It allows for peace of mind that nothing may blow out at highway speeds. I have found that leaving in the plexiglass wind screen helps a lot.

Yes we are towing in the rain at times. When driving 8 or 9 hours through the mountains we tend to drive through varying weather. Also because we are going on vacation the boat has all the boards and skis inside it on the floor. It allows for peace of mind that nothing may blow out at highway speeds. I have found that leaving in the plexiglass wind screen helps a lot.

I forgot about that one. Yes, that helps the cover a lot to keep that in. Not sure why, but it definitely does.