Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Production Model Wakesurfer

smedman

Some of you have been following my progress in shaping and creating wakesurfers...

I've been shaping and glassing all my boards here in Austin, but started to work with some pro fiberglass shops in So Cal to help me with production.

Just got a few in and they are looking good. Just wanted to share. Here's some pics. I'll try to post up some riding pics soon.

This is a yellow resin tint -- board is EPS/Epoxy construction with a wood stringer and PolyUrethane Gloss coat.

I've been doing Xtrak traction (love it!) and then a clear coat of roll on traction called Huladek on the places that the Xtrak doesn't cover. I particularly like putting it on the nose to get up on those hang fives... :)

P8111259.jpg

P8111261.jpg

Edited by smedman
Some of you have been following my progress in shaping and creating wakesurfers...

I've been shaping and glassing all my boards here in Austin, but started to work with some pro fiberglass shops in So Cal to help me with production.

Just got a few in and they are looking good. Just wanted to share. Here's some pics. I'll try to post up some riding pics soon.

This is a yellow resin tint -- board is EPS/Epoxy construction with a wood stringer and PolyUrethane Gloss coat.

I've been doing Xtrak traction (love it!) and then a clear coat of roll on traction called Huladek on the places that the Xtrak doesn't cover. I particularly like putting it on the nose to get up on those hang fives... :)

P8111259.jpg

P8111261.jpg

Nice design. What are they going for $$. I'm here in San Antonio and would like to start getting into the wakesurfing. I have a DD with no ballast, but with a few people in the boat it looks like my wake could be riddin. I may need to go with a longer board for smaller wakes... You have any other models?

AF1

Nice. And the best part....MADE IN THE USA!!

Made in the United State of Texas

not this one:

CA Thumbup.gif

Thanks for all the props! It has been a lot of work to get to this point, and I have to say the wifey has been really patient with me! :)

No - not doing production with Walker... but pricing is similar...

In addition to CA, I'm still doing "in house" production here in the "United State of Texas" :) These two below where shaped, glassed, and polished here in Austin. (sorry for the low res phone pic)

P6190816-1.jpg

Edited by smedman
  • 2 weeks later...

Dontknow.gif I would guess, too long and too fast.

dont really wakesurf cuz i live near the ocean and dont see the point but why cant u just use a regular surfboard
Edited by WaveMake'nLSV

You can use regular surfboards, they are just slower and you can't do the surface tricks like you can on these style of boards. I actually learned on a regular surfboard, and have borrowed a few other boards and you can get big air, and do surface tricks, shuv-its. Demo a few of the surf or skim style boards and you'll be hooked. I bet they would even be fun to use in the ocean.

dont really wakesurf cuz i live near the ocean and dont see the point but why cant u just use a regular surfboard

To each their own I guess...

Yeah -- I spent the last 12 years surfing in socal before moving to TX. The wave behind the boat doesn't compare to the ocean in terms of sheer size and speed, but wakesurfing is a blast nonetheless. Great part about it I've found that it is so much more family friendly. We go out and ride with my wife, 2yr old, 10mo old and friends all just having a great time together.

We started out on regular ocean boards, but soon found them to have too much rocker, too soft of rails, and not as manueverable as we'd like. Most of them have too much rocker so you have to slow the boat down to get push. They are OK, but just not built for our smaller wakes behind the boat.