Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 'bu breaking down...

jvanick

we were out yesterday and went for a few pulls and on the way back to the dock,

we heard what sounded like something starting to squeel, then pop...

Now it sounds like pieces of metal are floating around in either the v-drive unit or the transmission... can't really tell which other than that it sounds like occasionally they get caught in the gears...

I dropped it off at the dealer yesterday for a warranty look see...

Any idea what that might be?

Also... does anybody have a solution to the ballast connectors breaking off? Brass ones maybe? I told the dealer about that too.. we'll see what happens, but I'd assume that this is all covered under warranty, since it is a new 2005, and only has 60 hours on it so far.

-J

The broken ballast fittings (on both of the rear tanks) were replaced under warranty. I would think the tranny issue will be as well...did you have the dealer do their proper inspection following break in?

Yup... had them do a 20 hour service and they didn't find anything wrong.

BTW, do they normally charge for the 20 hour service?

I thought that when you buy a 50+k boat, they should at least throw in the first service to make sure that the boat is ok.

-J

1) BTW, do they normally charge for the 20 hour service?

2) I thought that when you buy a 50+k boat, they should at least throw in the first service to make sure that the boat is ok.

1) Yes.gif I have heard of prices anywhere from $200 to $400.

2) :lol: Now you're just trying to be funny, right? j/k You'd think they would throw in a little service, wouldn't you. You'd be wrong.

1) BTW, do they normally charge for the 20 hour service?

2) I thought that when you buy a 50+k boat, they should at least throw in the first service to make sure that the boat is ok.

1) Yes.gif I have heard of prices anywhere from $200 to $400.

2) :lol: Now you're just trying to be funny, right? j/k You'd think they would throw in a little service, wouldn't you. You'd be wrong.

Same as buying a new car. The one way you can have the 20 hr service free is too work it into the deal befor buying.