Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 09 LSV Owner!!!!! Now the wait....dang!

Calexan

First thing to do is get a load of CG approved vest incase you have a boat full of peeps. A bunch of the orange one that will be stored up front and really only seen when you clean the boat. Get some dock lines and bouys so you can protect that new toy around the dock. Don't forget and anchor as you may want to just float by shore.

As for boards I would actually recommed something from a 138-142. The size will help you float more off the wake and will undoubtedly help on the landing. The boards you listed are a good start. My only suggestion would be go with the board that feels more comfortable in the beginning, it will let you focus on your technique more and not about how to get used to the board. I've heard good reviews on the Ronix Mana and the Hype B-Side. Also check to see if they have the Byerly Line the Monarch is a great board just a bit pricey.

Otherwise have fun and enjoy the Boat.

So apparently the "Spray Date" is Monday and the shipping date as of right now is Sept. 3.... So hopefully ill be in it early Sept.... and I added the Heater options that you guys have suggested.

As for boards I would actually recommed something from a 138-142.

I have a LF Watson and CWB Transend Plat. and prefer the CWB. Try them out and see what feels best. I like the Watson bindings the best. I too snowboard quite a bit and like the support that the Watson's give. It feels most like my snowboard boots and gives my bad ankles better support.

I just took delivery today on that same boat and it even sounds close to the same colors. Just got back from the lake! You are going to love it...

Here are a few things to add to your shopping list:

-Sampson mirror that mounts on the tower

-Pro X fat sacs (Pair of V drive, and the 750# fat sac)

-WS 420

-Pop bags (pop-products.com)

-I put a pair of 60's and a pair of pro 80's on the tower and it sounds amazing. Power by Alpine PDX 2.150

-LPA tower lights

Enjoy the new Bu and welcome to the crew.

• 2 weeks later...

Half this post is nothing but haters. Your boat sounds awesome. Go big or go home Rockon.gif . Great way to bypass BSing around with other peoples boats. My .02 on a board get a watson with watson closed toe binding. best bindings ever made.

where do you plan to ride? I assume you are going to school in Fayettville. Curious which dealer you used.

I will be down at Table Rock with my LSV September 12-15. If you want to come up for a ride, let me know. Yours may be in by then.

Im from Little Rock and go to school at the law school there (More cases in the city with the Federal courts) We have a house on Lake Hamilton, but thats more of a party lake than a wakeboarding lake. Lake Ouchita or Heber Springs will be my most convenient lakes around here. Im sure I will take it up to Table Rock a few times throughout the year but probably not this late in the season. Ill def. have to meet up with some crew from there sometime though. I'm looking forward to it.

I hate this wait! Im so impatient.

Got my VIN #, Engine #, and Trailer VIN # today...... I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel

<------- This Guy Is Stoaked! Yahoo.gif

Edited by Calexan
Got my VIN #, Engine #, and Trailer VIN # today...... I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel

<------- This Guy Is Stoaked! Yahoo.gif

Make sure you you post the build pics! Congrats on the new ride!

Thanks for the help so far! Its got me started on what I want to look at.

Ok so far I want to Demo:

Ronix Ibex

Ronix Vault

Ronix Frontier

Ronix Colven (Probably to advanced, but it looks sick!!!!)

Hyperlite Apex

Hyyperlite Pulse

LiquidForce Lyman (Might be to slick at my stage)

LiquidForce Watson

Still not sure about the length I should go with, but I like smaller snowboards so Im looking in the 135-137 range.

I am riding the Watson 138 with out the center fin. It's got great pop and soft landing and is pretty fast, I still want the Lyman 139 but I can't find some place to Demo and am afraid it might be to loose. I have been told that the Lyman is a little looser than the Watson and faster.

I wouldn't consider the Lyman a loose board. I do ride my Lyman with the fins and it is quick to set an edge and locked in when on edge.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys..... I finally got my boat on Friday, but with the Razorbacks playing Saturday I HAD to go tailgate, but I immediatly went to the lake after all that was complete. Finally dropped in about 1:30 AM Sunday morning and had my girlfriend snap a quick photo the next morning before we went out. Its the only one I have right now but Ill be sure to take some more as soon as I can.

Right now im so sore from wakeboarding that I just dropped $1 on the ground and left it there cause there was no way I could bend over to get it, but I had a blast!

Ill update with some more pics soon.

CCAs 09 23LSV

Yea so apparently I cant embed a link from Photoshop, or im retarded. Ill create an account somewhere so I can embed photos, im just stuck at work right now with my slow connection....

Edited by Calexan

Since it came in late Friday and I wanted to take it out Saturday, They didnt have time to put all of my racks (2 board, 2 surf) on and wire my Wetsounds up, so its still a work in progress....

Very nice! Oh BTW... I hate you! And by hate I mean I'm jealous as hell! Wish I could have gone that big for the first boat, but mine is doing nicely. If I had to do it over, I would have bought used for the first one to get all the kinks figured out. But hell, it's only money!

Start inviting the bikini wearing variety as soon as possible! They make great ballast for the front of the boat. :)

Edited by Helinut