Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard handles

showtime

So i tried the search function first and nothing popped up which i find hard to believe, anyway, i'm currently working on my 360's in the air and was curious if the composite hard handles make the handle pass easier and smoother to do. My current handle has a neoprene grip with the flexible sides which might be callapsing a little when i'm pulling my slack in the air making it challanging to grip it with the othe hand. Does the width of the handle matter, the one by accurate goes up to 16.7"or does this make them more clumsy. I saw some of the accurate hard handles on ebay for $60 bucks with slight blemishes like colour etc. Are these a good handle for a decent price? Thanks.

We have a new carbon Syndicate WB handle and I absolutely love it. It is very light and easy to handle. The only down side is that you have to watch out for your boat when you pull it in.(the handle is very hard and has no padding).

Joe

I've used soft sided ones that I guess might collapse a little and hard ones. I don't notice a difference, the only thing that seems to matter to me is the width and the thickness. I like a thick grip handle over the really thin ones and wider seems better to me. I am on an '08 shane handle and have ridden with a bunch of others. It shouldn't really matter for your handle passes once you get used to the feel of the actual pass.

I have a ronix volt handle and love it! the grip is really comfortable and it go's past the edges down a little it. its come in handy a few times when I've grabbed the handle in the corner.I used to have the hyperlite carbon handle (catalyst I think?) the grip wore out quick and wasn't comfy IMO. it also had these big bumps in the middle of the handle that I guess was suppose to fit the contour of your hand but I didn't like that either. the ronix volt is the best one I've tried.

So i tried the search function first and nothing popped up which i find hard to believe, anyway, i'm currently working on my 360's in the air and was curious if the composite hard handles make the handle pass easier and smoother to do. My current handle has a neoprene grip with the flexible sides which might be callapsing a little when i'm pulling my slack in the air making it challanging to grip it with the othe hand. Does the width of the handle matter, the one by accurate goes up to 16.7"or does this make them more clumsy. I saw some of the accurate hard handles on ebay for $60 bucks with slight blemishes like colour etc. Are these a good handle for a decent price? Thanks.

It's all preference... I have had/used both hard and soft handles. I personally prefer to use the Proline LG series or one of my faves has been the Murray ARS handle. They are both great on the hands and not to mention the fingers when passing the handle. The main reason I stopped using carbon handles is because I was beating my hands up while passing the handle on 3's and 5's. If you miss, even a little, your knuckles and hands will take a beating from those hard handles.

Of course, that is just my .02 Whistling.gif

Thanks for everyones opinion, a few good pros and cons to think about but for the mean time as some one mentioned i'll concentrate on being more consistant with the handle pass. I just firgured that with a rigid handle anywhere near the low of your back it would be easier to find but never thought of the down side of scraping your nuckles. Cheers, i'll giver' another go tommorrow night.