Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dialing in ski

wedge88

I just purchased a new Connelly Concept 67" w/ Double Fastback Bindings. I previously used a HO Vengenance. I have been skiing for many years but I am having trouble dialing in this ski. My PB is 6 buoys at 28 off at 32mph but that was probably 5-6 years ago. I got away from slalom to focus on barefoot but now with the new boat I have come back to slalom as the water is not always ideal for footin. I spent the last weekend at the lake and the ski feels much better but still not perfect. (When I ran my PB I was on the concept.) I moved bindings back and forth and adjusted rear fin and brake is at 15 but I still seem to bounce across wake and ski feels rather sluggish. I know this is a much heavier ski than the vengeance so that just may take getting used to again. What are you all running with similar skis. I am 6' 175lbs. running at 34.3mph

We really only see a course a few times a year so I went with the concept as it is an all around perf/comp and freeski. Any help would be appreciated.

15? I literally went Shocking.gif when i read that. As gibbo said back it off to 7-9 or take it off. For now i vote take the wing off especially if you are skiing slower than 34. Free skiing on that ski with no wing should be sweeeeet. Put the bindings in neutral and see what happens. As a general rule, when you are behind the boat the water should be breaking from the ski under your front heel. Dont be afraid to go forward of centre a hole. Getting up on the nose of that thing equals party time.... just dont go OTF :lol:

I have always ran skis in the 10-15 range on the brake. I guess I was wrong. The bindings are up a hole from neutral which made the ski feel a lot better. I will try backing off the brake and see how that works. Thanks for all the help.

15? I literally went Shocking.gif when i read that. As gibbo said back it off to 7-9 or take it off. For now i vote take the wing off especially if you are skiing slower than 34. Free skiing on that ski with no wing should be sweeeeet. Put the bindings in neutral and see what happens. As a general rule, when you are behind the boat the water should be breaking from the ski under your front heel. Dont be afraid to go forward of centre a hole. Getting up on the nose of that thing equals party time.... just dont go OTF :lol:

wing 7 degrees upside down, if at all, and bend your knees more through your turn. The most common mistake I see is stiff legs through the turn.

Edited by Brodie
wing 7 degrees upside down, if at all, and bend your knees more through your turn. The most common mistake I see is stiff legs through the turn.

I will try the 7 degree. Legs were bent thru turn. Thanks for all the help.