Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

customer service stories

JohnDoe

I just went to Malibu's website. The first 2 "stories" on the left have to do with people in brand new boats breaking down. Now, I understand that they are trying to make the customer service look good, but these are BRAND NEW BOATS, and the function of the website is to get people to BUY them. Is it just me, or does that just not belong on the homepage?

On the contrary...I believe that calm heads prevailed. "The Guy" that went through "4 hammerheads in 2 months" IS a satisfied customer and '05 Malibu WS LSV owner beacuse of 2 reasons (IMHO) 1. he handled it with class and a positive attitude, and 2. he did not come on public forums and trash talk Malibu or his dealer.

P

he's a satisfied customer because he had a good attitude and didn't bash malibu or his dealer?

My point is that letters from customers whose new boats have broken down don't belong on Malibu's home page.

he's a satisfied customer because he had a good attitude and didn't bash malibu or his dealer?  

My point is that letters from customers whose new boats have broken down don't belong on Malibu's home page.

No, he's a satisfied customer because Malibu took care of him because he wasn't unreasonable about the problem at hand. Good business owners understand this principle & are much more responsive to a customer that is reasonable & not abusive in that situation.

On the contrary...I believe that calm heads prevailed. "The Guy" that went through "4 hammerheads in 2 months" IS a satisfied customer and '05 Malibu WS LSV owner beacuse of 2 reasons (IMHO) 1. he handled it with class and a positive attitude, and 2. he did not come on public forums and trash talk Malibu or his dealer.

P

Word. He handled the whole thing with as much class as anyone can expect & the dealer was responsive to that. He's a happy camper now. For the record, it was 3 Hammerheads in 2 months (or however long it was), one of them (the second as I recall) was just in the shop a lot. :)

As far as whether or not Malibu should be posting it....it's their website, they can do what they want. Personally, I think it shows a good side to the company. Every boat company has their problems, just go on one of the other generic sites & you'll see for yourself. Very few have the guts to bring that out in the open though & show what they did to remedy the problem. I'm not saying that I would do it, but I can see why they've done that & the potential up side to it.

Mad.gif I was MAD about my new 2005 breaking down, but my dealer fixed the problem. It was a Indmar problem, not Malibu. Malibu did not address the problem with me .. ( they said sorry it broke down ) but I did not care because its fixed now, and my dealer SAVED my weekend ! 42 hrs now and we love it !! NO MORE problems . Every thing breaks, new cars, new trucks, they are man made ! My boat broke and my dealer made it right . I was very happy to see that bass boat coming down the waterway !!! I did not ask Malibu to print the story , they called me. I think it should be on the site , because Malibu people are a different class of dealers and boaters. They go out of their way to help people. I would still buy a new Malibu again !!

Carl Gooch

Actually I heard it was 3 Hammerheads. The first one required a new head and push rods, and then that one plus 2 others suffered catastrophic failures. = 3.

And for the record, his dealer got a written testimony as to how they and Malibu handled the situation, which hangs on a banner.

At least thats what I heard :)

My boat broke down two times while out on our test drive before we went home with it, and once when we got home that day. The last one (on our lake) ended up bending my prop, it was 6:00pm the dealer just closed, no tools (we were just dropping it in to put on the lift), no oars, its April in Michigan (ice just melted), and here I am standing in the water (freakin freezing) pushing the boat off the sand bar that we drifted up on when the boat quit running. Called the salesmen Monday morning (who happens to be the owner) told him what happened and his response was "Sounds like I owe you a new prop when can I come change it". He was there that afternoon HIMSELF. Gave me the prop pulling tool and had his mechanics come to the house to work on the boat. Gotta give him credit, he's a class act in my book. His name is Ron Koenig and the dealership is Skiers Pier in Waterford Michigan they have won many awards from Malibu for great service, stop in and see them if your in the area. Thumbup.gif

Edited by bigshoR1